Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jun 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Cast Member Charlotte - One Year Later

Hello everyone! I'm not sure how many of you will see this post since it isn't in the trip reports along with my other stuff, but after several messages from Dibbers over the past year, I have been persuaded to write a 'one year later' follow up to my adventures as a cast member during Disney's Cultural Exchange Program last summer.

Today, June 16th, is exactly one year since I left for Florida for the best two months of my life. Seriously, I could win the lottery and move to Celebration and nothing would ever beat those two months. Life is all downhill from there! This past year has absolutely flown by, and I can remember last summer like it was yesterday. There isn't a day goes by when I don't think about it. I'm still in touch with most of my friends through social media, including people I met whilst working at the Emporium, my housemates and other Brits who were doing the program with me. A few of them are going back this year! In fact, a girl that I met briefly before my exams last summer set off for Florida just yesterday, after I told her all about the program the day I met her. We both think it was fate, us meeting, because if we hadn't then she wouldn't be about to start the adventure of a lifetime like I was this time last year!

Anyway, I have just finished my degree! I am about to graduate, but am clinging on to student life the best I can, as my job is at the Students' Union and I have been really quite busy to say I have no more work for my degree to do. The past year has been the best year at uni yet - I'm finally living with people that I like, and that alone has made a huge difference to my happiness. I have had dozens of opportunities thrown at me through work - my boss asked me to put on a 50 minute training session for full time staff about how we can implement Disney's level of customer service at the Students' Union! It was a lot of fun and a great thing to put on my CV.

I've also found myself a new boyfriend! After 9 months of being single, (the first time since I was 16!), I got chatting to him around Christmas time, and he was the first guy to turn my head since that lad who worked at the Emporium - and we all know how that ended! His name is Callum, we started seeing each other in January, and he looks exactly like Flynn Rider...Literally! He's really nice, very laid back and has a silly sense of humour just like myself. He is also a history student; it turns out I have known him for quite a while but never really noticed him until Christmas time - oops!

Since getting back from Florida, I have made a huge effort to focus on myself and keep up my happiness levels. It literally changed my life, and I feel like a different person. I have become as crafty as ever, after deciding I was really going to focus on my hobbies and doing things that make me happy. Although I have still not finished that huge cross stitch that my I got from Hobby Lobby the day my housemate Taylor took me on a trip out! My crocheting has really taken off, and I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas so that I can teach myself how to sew and make my own clothes. It's difficult and extremely frustrating at times, especially since I have no one to show me what to do, but I am slowly getting there and learn something new every time I have a go. I have made some really cute things so far, and have a million ideas of what to do in the future! I am hoping to get my hands on some Haunted Mansion fabric to make myself a dress for my next trip to Disney, whenever that will be...

Speaking of, my parents are going to Florida next week - but not going to Disney! I'm kind of glad, since I'm not going with them. But still! How can you go to Florida and not visit the parks!?! I think my dad is trying to persuade my mum, but it doesn't look like she's going to budge. They're staying in Orlando for a few days before seeing other parts of Florida.

I'm not going anywhere this summer. I can't afford it, and I don't know where I will be living come three weeks time when my housing contract at uni runs out. I am job hunting but have been unsuccessful so far. I applied to Disney's Cultural Representative Program, the year long one where you work in the UK Pavilion in Epcot. Unfortunately I didn't get in, although apparently only 10 people got interviews out of a couple of thousand applicants, so I'm not beating myself up too bad. I had my first EVER interview for a full time job just over a month ago, within recruitment at my uni. It went disastrously wrong, and I came away from my interview and realised two buttons of my vintage shirt had popped undone at some point. Whyyyyy! I was absolutely mortified, and safe to say I did NOT get the job!

Since then, I have been applying for jobs within Students' Unions at universities across the north-west, as I love my job at Lancaster SU and would love to work for an organisation that shares my own values. I think they are a wonderful, fun place to work and I would be really suited to it! I had two interviews earlier this week, I did really well in the first one but unfortunately just missed out on getting the job. I have yet to hear back about the second, but fingers crossed! Failing that, it looks like I have yet more applications to do! I just want to have something to do once I leave uni at this point. I don't want to move back into my parents house, and I don't think they particularly want me back either! I have grown out of living with my parents and coming home for holidays has taught us all that I really need my space and independence. Plus, there's literally no room for all my sewing equipment, wool and Disney cuddlies at my parents' house!

Anyway. Again, I'm not sure how many people that read my trip reports last year will see this, but if you're out there, drop me a comment so I can say hi! I haven't been as active on the Dibb as I would have liked to, but it's been busy busy busy! The Dibb will always be a huge part of my adventures last summer - I will never forget the first time one of you guys found me in the Emporium to say hello. It literally made my experience even more magical than it already was! You guys are all fab!

Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine!
EvilQueen1937 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

What a lovely update ... you sound happy and very confident . Whatever SU you end up starting your career at will be lucky to have you ! Good luck with the job hunting.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
What a lovely update ... you sound happy and very confident . Whatever SU you end up starting your career at will be lucky to have you ! Good luck with the job hunting.
Hello! Yes, I think Disney did me a world of good when it came to my confidence hehe! My own Students' Union would keep me if they could I think, but there's no jobs at the moment and it's quite a small union. I guess I will just have to keep looking! Thank you

EvilQueen1937 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the update, funnily enough, I was only thinking of you trip reports last week. Good luck job hunting 😀
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Excited about Disney

Lovely to read your update Charlotte. Glad you’ve had a good final year of your degree. Fingers crossed for your job hunting ☺️
Biscaya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely update. You will have to put some photos on of what you have made so far. Good luck with jobs and housing.🤞
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Thanks for the update, funnily enough, I was only thinking of you trip reports last week. Good luck job hunting 😀
Oh wow, spooky! All good things I hope

Old 16 Jun 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Biscaya View Post
Lovely to read your update Charlotte. Glad you’ve had a good final year of your degree. Fingers crossed for your job hunting ☺️
Thank you!

Old 16 Jun 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Lovely update. You will have to put some photos on of what you have made so far. Good luck with jobs and housing.🤞
Thank you! I tried to upload some pictures on this thread but I think you have to be an AP

Old 16 Jun 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Thanks for the update, my dd and I followed your adventures 😁! Dd also applied for the cultural representative programme, but also didn't get through ☹! I think there are only 4 jobs in total for that round of applications! Crazy considering how many people apply😨.

Good luck with the job hunting and hope you get something you'll enjoy soon! xx