Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 Dec 20, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Are you still able to hold a US PayPal account from the U.K.? They made me close mine down as I couldn’t provide proof of US residency
That's surprising and hope this wasn't recently as you can now have multiply different currencies.

Check this out, paypal/ca/smarthelp/article/FAQ1738

How can I use PayPal to manage multiple currencies?

You have the option of holding multiple currencies in one account. You can:

Open a balance in any of our supported currencies.
Make or accept payments in multiple currencies.
Convert your balance from one currency to another.
Close out your balance in any currency.
You can designate a primary currency – that’s the one you use most often for sending and requesting payments. It’s also the currency that defines your sending and withdrawal limits.

When you buy something that’s for sale in a currency you hold, we’ll take money from that currency balance first. If there’s not enough money in that currency, we’ll use your primary currency balance and apply our exchange rate.

To see all the currencies we support, click PayPal balance below your Profile photo and click Manage Currencies. Click the "Select new currency" drop-down menu to view all the currencies we support.

Hopefully in a few clicks you'll have one opened.

Good luck.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
rjenkins5
Being a bit Goofy

I had a usd account on PayPal but still converted. I called paypal help to see why it got converted and they didn't know either as should have sat there in dollars.
rjenkins5 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucaroo
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by rjenkins5 View Post
I had a usd account on PayPal but still converted. I called paypal help to see why it got converted and they didn't know either as should have sat there in dollars.
I had the same problem this week
Lucaroo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Not sure, but worth checking with the sender if they had an option to select it's going into your dollar account or sterling.

Also, was it sent as a purchase of goods or by friends and family if the latter then I believe there would be no fees just the currency conversion cost, so first check info below as I believe they will receive a full refund and as it was by friends and family there were no fees to return. If so then see if they don't mind you returning the payment and for them to resend it in the hope they can select your US dollar account.

And although it shouldn't matter might also be worth checking/selecting your US dollar as your primary account.

paypal/us/smarthelp/...ccount-faq1672

If a refund I issue is accepted, are the fees from the original transaction credited to my account?

You can refund the entire amount of a transaction or portions of it. The default refund period is 180 days from the transaction date.

If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to issue the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account.

To learn how to issue a refund after 180 days from the original transaction, click here.

To learn more about variable and fixed transaction fees, click Fees at the bottom of any PayPal page.

paypal/us/smarthelp/...chAutoComplete

How do I issue a full or partial refund?

You can issue a full or partial refund within 180 days from the transaction date as long as its status is "Completed," "Pending," or "Cleared."

Here's how to refund a payment:

Click the Activity tab at the top of the page.
Click All Transactions.
Select the payment you want to refund.
Click Issue a refund.
Under "Total Refund Amount," enter the amount you want to refund. You may have the option to refund a partial amount of the payment.
Click Issue Refund. You'll be directed to a page confirming that your refund has been sent.
If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to issue the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account.

Any tax or commission charged on the original transaction will be returned back to you, fully or partially, based on the type of refund.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Brer Bear

I’ve had a PayPal account for a long time.

I opened a second one (different email address a few years later, maybe ten years ago?) specifically for DVC dues and linked to my Suntrust account.

The second one was the one I had to close. Still got the first one but I just used XE.com now
Old 24 Dec 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by rjenkins5 View Post
The renter needs to click ‘send $’ as PayPal automatically sends in Sterling to a U.K. account.

I rented to two US people in the summer and received both amounts in $$.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List