Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Jan 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Help with universal day

I know its gonna sound crazy but time and finances will only allow a day trip to universal. So we will be trying to do both universal studios and islands of adventure in 1 day! We have our list of rides that we would like to do. The def one being the hogwarts express, shrek 4d, minions and the cat in the hat rides. Maybe spiderman, men in black and et. Is this doable or just totally nuts! If doable which park should I start at? Which of these rides are the busiest so should be done first etc? Any tips in general for universal pls?
Old 2 Jan 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

What time of year are you going? We went October last year and managed to do everything we wanted and more within one day, if you get there early and stay the full day you should be fine.
We did stay at Royal Pacific and got fast passes so not sure if that helped to do everything plus you get entry an hour earlier.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

You haven’t picked out any of the headline rides, so you may well get the ones you have chosen done in one day. Have you researched Universal well? I just thought I would check as I personally would not think it worth it at all if that is all you are going to do.

I have spent over 20 days in Universal in total and have never particularly noticed that either park is busier than the other so I don’t think there is any optimum park to start with. Of the rides you mention, you would probably queue longest for the minions and for the Hogwarts Express. Obviously Hogwarts Express you would only do when you are ready to leave one park.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
What time of year are you going? We went October last year and managed to do everything we wanted and more within one day, if you get there early and stay the full day you should be fine.
We did stay at Royal Pacific and got fast passes so not sure if that helped to do everything plus you get entry an hour earlier.
We are going in september.
Old 2 Jan 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
You haven’t picked out any of the headline rides, so you may well get the ones you have chosen done in one day. Have you researched Universal well? I just thought I would check as I personally would not think it worth it at all if that is all you are going to do.

I have spent over 20 days in Universal in total and have never particularly noticed that either park is busier than the other so I don’t think there is any optimum park to start with. Of the rides you mention, you would probably queue longest for the minions and for the Hogwarts Express. Obviously Hogwarts Express you would only do when you are ready to leave one park.
To be honest I wasn't going to do universal as I have a 3 year old this trip too but my daughter whos 13 is into harfy potter and wants to ride hogwarts express. She may pick other harry potter themed rides im not sure. Im only just starting to really look at universal. None of my children are into roller coasters though so will be mostly tame rides i guess.
Old 2 Jan 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
To be honest I wasn't going to do universal as I have a 3 year old this trip too but my daughter whos 13 is into harfy potter and wants to ride hogwarts express. She may pick other harry potter themed rides im not sure. Im only just starting to really look at universal. None of my children are into roller coasters though so will be mostly tame rides i guess.
A HP fan will enjoy the themed lands whether they go on rides or not. You can do a walk through of the Forbidden Journey queue, well it is similar to the queue but you are not really stuck in the queue, it is an opportunity to see the inside of the castle, very well done.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Depending when you are going in September some nights Universal will close early for Halloween Horror Nights so try to pick a day that’s not on You will also need to buy Park to Park tickets if you want to ride the Hogwarts Express
Of the rides you have mentioned normally only Minions has long wait times so try to do that early morning
If your doing a full day then you should have no problem doing all the rides you have mentioned
Don’t think it would be worthwhile to stay onsite for front of line passes unless you decide you want to do some more of the headline rides
If you daughter is a HP fan then she will love just walking round Hogsmead and Diagon Alley the theming is superb You can also buy interactive wands and do all the hidden spells
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dis88
Trying for More Ears

We were last at universal November 2018 and managed to cover everything we wanted at both parks in one day. That was also with universal closing early for HHN. We did however invest in the express passes - definitely worth it if you’re wanting to do the most popular attractions! We are hoping to go April or September 2021 and will be getting express passes again to hopefully cover universal and IOA in one day.

Edit - Just to add we started at universal as it was closing early for HHN and IOA was open slightly later
Dis88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List