Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Jan 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Orlando Attractions - no refund?

Hi,

We had Universal tickets booked with orlandoattractions.com for our May 2020 trip. Obviously this was cancelled.

They asked us to send our tickets back to them and once received we would get a refund. They said 12 weeks was a worse case scenario.

It has now been 25 weeks since they confirmed receipt of our tickets and still no refund. They just keep telling us that “no one expected this situation to go on as long as it did” and they are unable to issue a refund at the moment.

We finally gave up and contacted our credit card company who came back to us today to say our section 75 claim has been denied because they are not in breach of their cancellation policy (in normal times you cannot return tickets is what the bank are saying).

Well, I’ve just checked the ticket website again and their covid policy clearly states they will issue a refund minus 20% charge if we, the airline or the holiday provider cancel the holiday, or if the parks are closed for the duration of our holiday. Well they all apply as everything was cancelled as the flights weren’t on, the parks and hotels closed etc.

Has anyone else managed to get a refund from this company yet or been able to get a refund through their credit card company?

Thanks!
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DreamsOfOrlando View Post
Hi,

We had Universal tickets booked with orlandoattractions.com for our May 2020 trip. Obviously this was cancelled.

They asked us to send our tickets back to them and once received we would get a refund. They said 12 weeks was a worse case scenario.

It has now been 25 weeks since they confirmed receipt of our tickets and still no refund. They just keep telling us that “no one expected this situation to go on as long as it did” and they are unable to issue a refund at the moment.

We finally gave up and contacted our credit card company who came back to us today to say our section 75 claim has been denied because they are not in breach of their cancellation policy (in normal times you cannot return tickets is what the bank are saying).

Well, I’ve just checked the ticket website again and their covid policy clearly states they will issue a refund minus 20% charge if we, the airline or the holiday provider cancel the holiday, or if the parks are closed for the duration of our holiday. Well they all apply as everything was cancelled as the flights weren’t on, the parks and hotels closed etc.

Has anyone else managed to get a refund from this company yet or been able to get a refund through their credit card company?

Thanks!
Hi Dreams, if you do a search on here there’s quite a long thread about people having trouble getting refunds from this company 😢😢😢
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

It took me 14.5 weeks to get my Seaworld ticket refunds and that was only after I contacted Simon@OrlandoAttractions.com as suggested by Mrs Orlando. Perhaps try him directly with all the details?
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BestMCOhomes
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by DreamsOfOrlando View Post
Hi,

Thanks!
HI there,

I am sorry you have not had this resolved.

As suggested by SuziQz, please email me directly, simon@orlandoattractions.com, and I will look into this for you. If you can include your order number in the email that would be really helpful.

I look forward to hearing from you. Have a lovely weekend.

Simon
BestMCOhomes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We had our discovery cove tickets refunded with no problem at all, infact they were very helpful
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust1989
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I also returned my tickets Disney/universal combo 2021 2adults, 2 children. Refund recieved after 3 weeks.
Pixiedust1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Been patiently waiting since November last year for our refund
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List