Notices

Old 10 Jun 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
More (Port) Adventures in Salou - May 18 (COMPLETE)

More (Port) Adventures in Salou - May 2018

Hello Dibb friends

This is a trip report for our holiday to PortAventura in Salou during May half term.

We are Ems (37), Rich (37-again) and Tom (13) - also known as the Huxwolds...

We stayed at the Dorada Palace Hotel, which is a 20-25 minute walk to PortAventura World and a 12 minute walk to the beach, and we had 7 day tickets, purchased from Attraction tickets Direct for £107 each - these gave us 4 days at PortAventura, 1 day at Ferrari Land (with same day access to PortAventura) and 2 days at Caribe Aquatic Waterpark.

We arrived back from our trip in the early hours of Tuesday morning, so I've spent most of yesterday (Saturday) sorting through my 2000 photos and today (Sunday) getting started on my trip report. We are already planning our next adventure (Germany in August), so I'm hoping to get this one posted fairly quickly.

We had an amazing time and really fell in love with PortAventura during our 2nd visit and I can't wait to share it with you all, so here goes...

Pre-trippie

Travel Day - Mon 28th May
EMA to REUS with Ryan Air

Day 1 - Tues 29th May
PortAventura

Day 2 - Weds 30th May
Ferrari Land & PortAventura

Day 3 - Thurs 31st May
Caribe Aquatic Waterpark

Day 4 - Fri 1st June
PortAventura

Day 5 - Sat 2nd June
Hiking in the Mountains with Routing Costa Dorada

Day 6 - Sun 3rd June
Beach & PortAventura

Day 7 - Mon 4th June
PortAventura and Travel Home

Summary

Thanks for reading along

Edited at 06:52 PM.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Day 1 - PortAventura, now added
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
luckystrikes
slightly serious Dibber

We are away to Salou In September so enjoying this trip report. Read your other one and helped with some ideas for dinner etc. Thanks 👍
luckystrikes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
I finally got around to writing up Day 5.

Sorry for the delay, I got a bit waylaid towards the back end of last year – with lots of UK theme park days and a Germany / Netherlands theme park road trip in October (hopefully, I’ll get around to writing that up soon, as it was awesome!).

I'm off work for half term, so should hopefully get this one finished over the next couple of days
Old 18 Feb 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Day 6 is here (I'm back on a roll)
Old 20 Feb 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Day 7 and the Summary are now up - thanks for reading along, and for your patience between updates
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Thanks for writing your report. I found a really good price for a holiday to Salou in April and your trip report made me book it!
We’re a bit further from the theme park but staying all inclusive so we’re planning on getting a 2 day pass and going by taxi.
I’ve noted a few of your restaurants just in case the A/I buffet gets boring but for £300 each during the school holidays I won’t be complaining!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Thanks for writing your report. I found a really good price for a holiday to Salou in April and your trip report made me book it!
We’re a bit further from the theme park but staying all inclusive so we’re planning on getting a 2 day pass and going by taxi.
I’ve noted a few of your restaurants just in case the A/I buffet gets boring but for £300 each during the school holidays I won’t be complaining!
Thank you. Your plans sound fab - have a great trip 😀👍🏻🎢