Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Nov 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
£500 or $500?

Take a look at Quick Service prices, they tend to run around $13-$20 depending on what you order?

$500/14 = $35 per day. You should be ok to get 2 QS a day for that, but keep an eye on costs of snacks / drinks.
£500 sorry! I'm not a massive eater, I usually eat a snack and 1 QS a day and that's it! My boyfriend on the other hand will eat for England!

We're hoping by bringing £500 each (so £1,000 between us) and then having the additional $300 gift card we should be okay?

If they do decide to reinstate the dining plan we will probably go for it

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
that sounds fine. It works out at $47 each per day, which should be plenty if you are mainly eating QS.

Personally, we work out our daily budget and I have been known to divide it up into daily envelopes although we haven't done that for the last few years as we have moved to plastic, but prior to that we would literally take out that days money from the safe and then we knew we wouldn't run out before the end.

I'd keep the $300 separate from the daily budget and use it for a treat.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
that sounds fine. It works out at $47 each per day, which should be plenty if you are mainly eating QS.

Personally, we work out our daily budget and I have been known to divide it up into daily envelopes although we haven't done that for the last few years as we have moved to plastic, but prior to that we would literally take out that days money from the safe and then we knew we wouldn't run out before the end.

I'd keep the $300 separate from the daily budget and use it for a treat.
Perfect, thank you for your help

This is our first time doing OOP so we know we'll be watching what we eat more! We have a day at discovery cove so at least we know food is covered for that day!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

We are a villa family, much prefer our own pool and extea space. Staying on site has never been an option as it's just too for us expensive even with DDP.
Last visit was 2018, we are 5 adults now and then and we allocated $125 dollars a day, this was just for snack eating at the parks and drinks. We had 2/3 restaurant lunches which were not included in the $125. We did well on this. Ate Breakfast at the Villa, sometimes lunch as well if we decided to go to the parks afternoon and evening. As not early risers and we are on holiday, getting to the parks before 9am not us.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List