Notices

Old 11 Aug 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 16

So it's been months since I last updated this trip report... I came back to it to read through for a Florida fix as who knows when we'll next be back, o my to discover I hadn't finished it!

Ds woke up around 8am so I quickly got dressed and took him out for a walk. We stopped by beach pub marketplace and a filled up my refillable mugs and got a breakfast sandwich which was $7.79. This was a bagel filled with egg, cheese and bacon served with breakfast potatoes which were a cheesy hash sort of thing and they were really tasty! The bagel was ok, the bagel itself was abit to much bread to go with the filling. After my breakfast we had a walk around the boardwalk, this is absolutely my favourite place in Disney walking around crescent lake taking in the views.

When we got back to beach club we sat In the pool room in the villas area. This is a lovely area to sit and chill and had a tv, plenty of seating and a pool table.

When we got back to the room DH and Dd had just woken up, we got ourselves ready for a day at Hollywood studios. It was the opening day for Mickey and minnies runaway railway and I had managed to get us a fastpass for this afternoon. It was a really hot day today predicted to be 33 degrees and we were already feeing it! We filled up our mugs on the way out and stopped off at the beach area out the back of the resort. We had a sit for 20 minutes or so on one of the swinging seats and Dd had a play in the sand.

We made our way along the pathway past the boardwalk to Hollywood studios and were already baking by the time we arrived. We went straight to the baby centre to cool off and give DS his bottle. We were all feeling pretty hungry and had made the error of trying to find somewhere to eat I. Hollywood studios at peak lunch time. We tried woodys lunchbox first but the queues were massive and we didn't fancy sitting outside. We eventually decided just to head to start bucks. We got 2 bacon, egg and Gouda sandwiches to share between us. These were nice enough but pretty small.

Dd got 2 chocolate cake pops and devoured them before I could even get a picture. These were $2.29 each.
I had a peanut butter crunch cupcake: I was disappointed that inside the frosting was just generic frosting with no peanut butter flavour. It was nice enough but I still miss the peanut butter cupcakes from starting rolls.

After our makeshift lunch we had fastpasses for toy story mania so we walked up to toy story land for these. I took DS on With me this time and found it quite difficult as the gun didn't come as close as the bad didn't come as far down with him on my knee which mean it actually blocked my view of the bottom portion of the screen where I traditionally focus a lot of my shooting. It was a disaster from the start but towards the end I got the hang of it. DH obviously won this one though. When we came off it was just about time for DH's reservation at Oga's cantina. He checked in and while he was experiencing this Dd, DS and I walked across to Anaheim produce and got a couple of blue raspberry lemonades. There came to $10 for the 2 of them and were really refreshing, just what we needed!

We had fastpasses for the frozen sing along so we walked over in that direction, parked the stroller and headed in. As we were waiting to go on DH messaged saying he was out of the cantina so we told him where we were and he came and met us. We thoroughly enjoyed the song along and it was the first time we had the young Eric and aria as opposed to the older Eric and Aria.
After frozen we had abit of time to put i. Before our fastpass for Minnie and mickeys run away railway. We walked over to animation courtyard and met fancy Nancy, doc mcstuffins and vamporina.
Finally it was time for the newly opened ride and we walked over for our fastpass only to find the ride was down. We weighed up our options and decided we would head on out of Hollywood studios and head to the beach club pool for an hour or so. Our reasoning being we can ride that ride next time we come, we won't always be staying at the beach club. After reading review of the ride I feel we made the right decision. The ride was actually down for a good while so we couldn't have waited and we decided not to use the fastpass on slinky dog as we have fastpasses for that on Friday.
We got the skyliner back to Epcot which took 20 minutes from Hollywood studios, switching at Caribbean beach and getting off at Epcot. We quickly got changed and made our way to the pool for abit. We weren't able to stay long as we had a reservation at via Napoli at 6.10pm.

After Dd and DH had been swimming it was a quick change and the. Straight out to Epcot for dinner. We checked in bang on time and were seating about 5 minutes later, we had a lovely booth out the back of the restaurant so we could be DS out of the way, had loads of space and it was much quieter.
We order a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon to share and DH got an apple juice.

Dd ordered the kids spaghetti and meatballs, this came out pretty much straight ways and she ate the whole thing, she really enjoyed this.

While we were waiting we were given some bread and olive oil which was really good.

We had ordered the mezzo metro pepperoni pizza and were told it would likely take much longer and come out separate than the kids meal as they come from different kitchens, not a problem for us. The pizza is amazing! Some of the best pizza I have had and had loads of pepperoni!

Out total with 15% dvc discount came to $103.63. It's quite expensive but we really enjoyed being able to walk into Epcot and have a bottle of wine so well worth it.

We had a wander round the word showcase in the anti clockwise direction from Italy and when we reached the beginning we grabbed a passion fruit slush for Dd and a passion fruit slush with double shot of vodka for DH and I to share while we made our way the rest of the way round to the international gateway and back to the beach club to bed.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 11 Aug 20 10:40 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List