Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Theme park tickets

Ok it’s complicated

I have five free nights at Disney and looking at various combinations of stays free nights plus US or free nights plus a villa.

If I stay five free nights at WDW then a night at universal and buy via Disney a 14 day ticket will that be valid if I’m not actually in the room or will I have to split the purchase

Alternatively... if we want to do WDW and US and stay onsite for the five free nights and then have a villa what’s the best way of doing the tickets for
WDW
US
seaworld

Thanks
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
If I stay five free nights at WDW then a night at universal and buy via Disney a 14 day ticket will that be valid if I’m not actually in the room or will I have to split the purchase
Your 14 day ticket remains valid, and magic bands/MDE app/hard tickets can still be used to access parks etc wherever you are staying.

Ticket validity is only an issue when it is linked to the start date of a package - people have struggled to claim tickets early when doing a villa stay before an onsite free dining stay for example.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Your 14 day ticket remains valid, and magic bands/MDE app/hard tickets can still be used to access parks etc wherever you are staying.

Ticket validity is only an issue when it is linked to the start date of a package - people have struggled to claim tickets early when doing a villa stay before an onsite free dining stay for example.
Most helpful. So we would be better off starting with the five free nights... then moving on elsewhere
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Most helpful. So we would be better off starting with the five free nights... then moving on elsewhere
Yeah, or just clarify when you purchase the tickets if you get them with your free nights that they are a standalone purchase and available to use before you check in.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Ok it’s complicated

I have five free nights at Disney and looking at various combinations of stays free nights plus US or free nights plus a villa.

Alternatively... if we want to do WDW and US and stay onsite for the five free nights and then have a villa what’s the best way of doing the tickets for
WDW
US
seaworld

Thanks
I'm slightly confused by your question so apologies if I've misunderstood.

A 14-day ticket will be valid from the day of first use until 14 days later. It doesn't matter whether you are offsite for all of that time, onsite for all of that time, or a mixture of both - the ticket will remain valid for 14 days after first use.

As Dr.JumbaJookibasays, if you are buying a package with Disney that includes paying for an onsite stay and tickets together in one package then sometimes there can be issues with getting the tickets before your check-in date (although it is still possible). If you are buying tickets separately - even direct from Disney - then there's no problem.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List