Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 Jan 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucaroo
I want to go now!

Mobile

We are booked for December but will probably move to summer 2022 and give things time to settle.
Lucaroo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ginnyfish
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Lucaroo View Post
We are booked for December but will probably move to summer 2022 and give things time to settle.
Same here. I will move it to a cash booking in June, just incase the the flights go, then rebook for either May, or July.
Old 23 Jan 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

We have bookings for June and December.

Feeling very doubtful that June will happen but we have decided to wait until March to make a final decision. We can bank our points to next year and we are able to move our Virgin flights without charge if we think it’s unlikely to happen.
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Optimistic for Sept, 3rd try at this trip! It's hard to be optimistic when you have Witty standing up & saying Covid is here to stay but the flip side, if that is also the case, is that we will have to learn to live with it as you can't keep shutting the world down for 10 months out of 12 !
The Us will open up when Joe Biden is told to open it up, they are so glad that they go rid of "the Orangeman" that he's currently getting away with his first broken promise. I expect things to move in 98 days as far as borders..
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I cancelled our August Poly booking but I’ve kept the CCV booked for Christmas and NY. I’m hoping we’ll be ok then but then some people are saying things are going to be better in the summer and worse in the winter! Not sure where they get that idea from because surely most of us would have been vaccinated by winter so in theory summer will be worse.

For August we booked a package with Disney staying at CBR, they allow you to cancel up to 7 days ahead of check in so figured we have less at stake.

I hate the not knowing 🙄

Edited at 10:45 PM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

i booked flights in April last year for the end of May this year thinking it was over a year off i’ll be fine and now I’m pretty certain I won’t be going on.

I’m really doubting now if i’ll be able to use the Christmas bookings I’ve made, I just hope it’s not another year of lockdown 🤞
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

I really hope so, it seems the Caribbean and the Middle East destinations have been open for business for a while.

Can the US really go another year without European and Canadian tourists.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The vaccines will change everything have hope. Even Van Tam says we will be back to normal. Fauchi says they will be back to normal by Autumn (and a lot back to normal by summer). Already the Israelis seem to have seen a drop of 60% in over 60s getting ill and hospitalised (only a few weeks out after one dose). The vaccines remember do offer virtual 100% protection against serious illness and hospitalisations and it seems (if the Oxford one is up to 90% with a longer gap as they suggest) 90%+ chance of getting nothing. If you do get anything after vaccination it’s nothing more than a cold.
The only caveat is these mutations. But they’ll tweak the vaccines and shut them down also, and also the vaccine will probably still stop it being anything but a cold anyway. This is just based on what I’ve read!
Government have definitely been running a project fear to keep people compliant with restrictions and I fear this could have made everyone more pessimistic than we need to be- me included.

Edited at 08:28 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DH and I have written off 2021. I know it’s only a few weeks into the year but we would prefer to wait and see what pans out.
Luckily for us our points are always borrowed to the max and last year we were going to do a cash stay anyway. With a use year of August we will only have 33 points to rent out, I think ,although we might not even have to do that.
It’s too depressing to go on the DVC sight but I need to look to confirm when the points need to be used by!

Edited at 08:56 AM.
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
No I don't, not when you look at the situation we're in now. I think foreign travel will be the last thing to open up and I'm surprised at the level of optimism on the Dibb. Perhaps it's burying your head in the sand to avoid the bigger picture or perhaps people just need something to look forward to, some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm resigned to summer 2022 at the earliest.
This is why we cancelled May 21 and moved it to Nov 22.
arielrocks is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List