Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jan 16, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Originally Posted by axxxl View Post
I thought it could be tiredness, which is why we've been popping him in his bed. We take him out for one long hourly walk at the weekends as he loves interacting with other people and dogs, and he gets 25-30 mins in the evenings when my sister finishes work (my mam looks after him during the day).

I'm gonna go nab her debit card and order one of the puzzles, do you have any recommendations on a particular one?
Good idea, we have the miracle puzzle, trixi turnaround, magic fun, tornado game all great and suitable for any dog. He.ll turn out a fab little lad. This is only temporary, mine is so food orientated so loves games like these.
The treat ball is great too. Put treats in and open the slider as much or little as suited and dog will "play football" treats come out on movement.
Have fun with him.
Old 5 Jan 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

My puppy is ten months old, now. She was awful at mouthing especially my son. We were at our wits end. We used to turn our back on her and say no. She is now ten months old and she does not mouth us at all. I'm sure it is a puppy, thing.
Old 6 Jan 16, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottiedogz
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We have an 18 month old Scottie and she still reverts to her "dogadile" impression - they do grow out of it though.
Have a look at this
dogsbf/sites/g/files/g690...g-800x1000.png

Miami - June 19, Orlando/Miami Oct 18, Washington DC Dec 17, DLP - Aug 17, Florida road trip - April 17, NY & QM2 Oct 16, Orlando - Nov 15 - Oct 14 - Nov 13 - Med Cruise (yuk - missed Florida) May 12, Washington DC Dec 12, Orlando - April 10, DLP - Dec 10, Orlando & wedding - Nov 08, DLP - Aug 07
scottiedogz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 16, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
I bit my dog, it never did it again.

Failing that pin it to the ground til it licks it's lips, then release it and give it a quick pet.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

My 5 month puppy is the same - so loving and cuddly like a tiny baby then out of nowhere ... Chomp! Ive tried turning my back - he just bit it lol my partner did the scruff of neck thing and amazingly its worked for him. Im not as strong though but Stitch is definitely getting better. I try the distraction technique and that seems to work for me

Look how innocent he looks ... >

Stitchesmumanddad is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 16, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
I bit my dog, it never did it again.

Failing that pin it to the ground til it licks it's lips, then release it and give it a quick pet.

What an awful thing to even suggest.
I could never do this to an animal.
Bullying in its finest form there.

Why would you want to make a dog so stressed and worried.

You bit your dog? seriously you bit a dog?
You should never own a dog.
Old 6 Jan 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ear_Poppin View Post
My 5 month puppy is the same - so loving and cuddly like a tiny baby then out of nowhere ... Chomp! Ive tried turning my back - he just bit it lol my partner did the scruff of neck thing and amazingly its worked for him. Im not as strong though but Stitch is definitely getting better. I try the distraction technique and that seems to work for me

Look how innocent he looks ... >

Aww how adorable is he?!

Trying to sort his bed before bedtime last night was a pain - darting around the living room and launching himself at me & my sister biting. Kept trying to replace my hands with toys to no avail, so to distract him for 10 minutes I filled the Kong Wobbler with a small handful of dry food. Seemed to have worked and am now thinking of switching him to dry food altogether to give him all of his meals this way!
Old 6 Jan 16, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by axxxl View Post
Aww how adorable is he?!

Trying to sort his bed before bedtime last night was a pain - darting around the living room and launching himself at me & my sister biting. Kept trying to replace my hands with toys to no avail, so to distract him for 10 minutes I filled the Kong Wobbler with a small handful of dry food. Seemed to have worked and am now thinking of switching him to dry food altogether to give him all of his meals this way!
Just a thought, what is he fed right now? as certain foods can make them a bit hyper etc
and no its not high protein that makes them hyper (myth) well not good quality protein anyway.
Might be worth looking at his actual diet as it has a bearing on behaviour / health etc.
Old 6 Jan 16, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
What an awful thing to even suggest.
I could never do this to an animal.
Bullying in its finest form there.

Why would you want to make a dog so stressed and worried.

You bit your dog? seriously you bit a dog?
You should never own a dog.
Sorry what, on what planet is that bullying.

I tried the Yelp thing didn't work. So I thought that it was unlikely it wanted to be nipped so next time it nipped me I bit it on the back of the neck, just gently enough for it to stop, never did it again. How do you think dogs get their litters to stop things, they usually either nip them or pin them to the floor. And trust me it was not stressed or worried. People have different opinions on how dogs should behave, for me a dog does what you say when you say it. And anyway a little nip from human teeth once won't harm it, it is after all a dog not a child (it's not like I'm biting a baby).
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 16, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Just a thought, what is he fed right now? as certain foods can make them a bit hyper etc
and no its not high protein that makes them hyper (myth) well not good quality protein anyway.
Might be worth looking at his actual diet as it has a bearing on behaviour / health etc.
He's on the Wainwrights Puppy Trays at the moment