Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Oct 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Birmingham Afternoon Tea Recommendations

I'm taking The-Current-Mrs-Blusteryday for a festive weekend in Birmingham.

We'll be drinking the sites of course, but one thing I'd also like to do is an afternoon tea somewhere (city centre, and nothing too posh as we're from Dorset).

So you lovely Brum DIBBers, hit me with your Birmingham afternoon tea recommendations

Edited at 10:29 PM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Dorset is much nicer than Birmingham, really it is xx
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Not got any knowledge of Brum... although I used to watch the programme with the little car.

This was a thread put on yesterday for a 2 for £10 deal at Cafe Rouge instead of the usual £25.

May be of some use.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ighlight=Rouge
Old 27 Oct 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Dorset is much nicer than Birmingham, really it is xx
Our beaches are nicer than Birmingham's, for sure.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The Ivy do a lovely afternoon tea - smart casual and in the city centre. The Edgbaston is nice too but just outside the city centre - again smart casual. I am going to Marco Pierre White's on Friday so can report back then, they often have groupon deals available. In case you wondered I like afternoon tea 😁
Old 27 Oct 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey68 View Post
The Ivy do a lovely afternoon tea - smart casual and in the city centre. The Edgbaston is nice too but just outside the city centre - again smart casual. I am going to Marco Pierre White's on Friday so can report back then, they often have groupon deals available. In case you wondered I like afternoon tea 😁
I nearly snaffled the MPW Groupon deal, but it's Mon-Fri only. Could be Café Rouge... sucker for their Croque Monsieur

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
Old 27 Oct 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
I nearly snaffled the MPW Groupon deal, but it's Mon-Fri only. Could be Café Rouge... sucker for their Croque Monsieur
I didn't know Cafe Rouge did afternoon tea until I saw the earlier thread! May have to give it a go as love their Croque Monsieur too! There are 3 Cafe Rouge in the city centre so you should be able to book! Have a good weekend!
Old 30 Oct 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

Not tried any in Brum tbh as living closeby I usually just hit the shops and go home. many of the hotels do afternoon teas (Malmaison,Hotel du Van,Mariot,Park Regis) though all depends on the budget. The Edwardian Tea Room inside the Art Gallery is meant to be quite unqiue. Quite a few of the places at The Mailbox do too ( Harvey Nicks, MPW). I have seen on Wowcher one for Cafe Concerto which I know is in Grand Central. There is also Browns Brasserie who do an afternoon tea. My friend swears by the Cafe Rouge afternoon tea but as previously mentioned the current vouchers dont cover the weekend.
LOU68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List