Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Feb 17, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Cane Island or Mystic Dunes! Can't decide!

Hi
Ok so our choices is a 2 bedroom condo at Cane Island (which we have already booked). Or changing to a 2 bedroom apartment (not villa) at Mystic Dunes? We're considering the change because we'd prefer to have more amenities on the resort, but not essential at the end of the day. Has anyone stayed in either? Would I be making a mistake to change? The stated size of the apartment at Mystic Dunes is 500 sq ft. How would this compare to a condo at Cane Island?
So many choices, we can't decide!

Thanks

Edited at 11:02 AM.
DisneyGirl86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I've stayed at Mystic Dunes and I do prefer the location to Cane Island (never stayed there) I believe the pools are a bit bigger at MD.

I suppose it depends whether you are having to pay to upgrade ? The spec is pretty good in both apartments so probably the size doesn't matter too much.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What parks are you going to Mystic Dunes is nearer to Disney. We stayed there several years ago and liked the accommodation. We only used one pool. Not been to Cane Island but looking at it it may be nicer than Mystic Dunes.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Mystic Dunes is a fantastic location for Disney and the restaurants on 192 in the Formosa Gardens/Rolling Oaks area. We have never stayed there but have driven DH to the golf course a few times. The complex looks very well maintained but I hope you aren't planning to use the golf course as it was in an appalling state at Christmas.
Old 4 Feb 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scottiedogz
Very Serious Dibber

Mystic Dunes is lovely - booked to stay there again in April.
Bit strange with the bathroom open plan to your bedroom (toilet in a separate room), but you get used to it.
The pools are nice and well kept, but only one has slides etc.
Best of all for location though, go out two different exits and you are right next to Formosa Gardens and easy access to all the restaurants and Super Target.
Sorry I cant compare to Cane Island.

Miami - June 19, Orlando/Miami Oct 18, Washington DC Dec 17, DLP - Aug 17, Florida road trip - April 17, NY & QM2 Oct 16, Orlando - Nov 15 - Oct 14 - Nov 13 - Med Cruise (yuk - missed Florida) May 12, Washington DC Dec 12, Orlando - April 10, DLP - Dec 10, Orlando & wedding - Nov 08, DLP - Aug 07
scottiedogz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Hi all, and thanks for your replies.

Location isn't a problem for us as we are hiring a car. I'll have to pay £434 to upgrade to MD. We normally stay onsite at Disney or Uni so are used to onsite facilities like restaurants, nice pool etc. But Cane Island lacks this. We are taking my brother this time, his first time, so I envisage us being out most of the day. I think the rooms look slightly nicer at Cane, but the resort facilities and pools look so much better at MD! Don't want to make a mistake changing to MD, then wishing I'd kept to Cane!

Edited at 06:54 PM.
DisneyGirl86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Not been to cane, but we have been to mystic dunes, stayed in a two bed apt. It was fantastic. Loved the place.
Old 4 Feb 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Stayed at Cane Island twice. Very quiet and peaceful, with most units seemingly owned by people who live there...One couple moved from New York. Amenities are pool, gym, games room. Lots of restaurants in walking distance which is nice so you can drink, and good mini market / pharmacy across road. Rooms are very spacious and well equipped. Good location for most things. Our go to offsite resort.

Edited at 08:37 PM.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
Not been to cane, but we have been to mystic dunes, stayed in a two bed apt. It was fantastic. Loved the place.
Was the 2 bedroom apartment large and spacious?
Old 4 Feb 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyGirl86 View Post
Was the 2 bedroom apartment large and spacious?
We had 3 bedrooms, which was.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List