Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 9 Nov 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Coronation Street 😕

Is anyone finding this as depressing as Eastenders, and disliking the ridiculous story lines? Heres my list

Gemna and her 4 kids seriously cant see where this is heading but just ridiculous!

Garry the loan shark and his attempt at being the hard man. Then Maria going straight into bed with him after 2 visits to the Rovers! Is there noone she hasnt had a thing for!

Roberts secret life seriously

Roy with his scrabble obsession, leave the guy in peace!

Then the Platts, give me strength,
I know its all fake but there isn't one fun thing happening, so im now switching tv off, and going to do something more productive with my time lol x
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s Geoff I can’t stand with his whiny voice, he ridicules Yasmeen at every chance and I want to punch him!
Gary badass how did that happen, he was nice once
The dr with the drug habit
Everyone on the show has secret life
I know it’s not real but nothing is anything like real life anymore
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Mobile

Oh forgot about geoff, id punch him as well. The story lines are so miserable x

Edited at 12:28 PM.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

I used to love Cornonation Street but just can't watch it any more. I've stopped watching all the soaps due to ridiculous storylines.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Where do they get the spaces in prison for them all , if theyre not in prison they are in hospital. They've not hidden Shonas pregnancy very well , she should have had the quads 😂
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Ive just searched and the chances of conceiving quads without help is 1 in 700,000. Another thing is do people really have houses like Sinead and Chessney's? Oh and Fizzy's back room OMG surely they could paper it its horrendous!
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I hate the Geoff storyline, but how well is the actress who plays Yasmeen playing the part.

Quad story beyond ridiculous. Especially one being born early and in a cable car!

Sorry Shirley I like Sinead's flat, it's quirky and fitted her personality.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I used to be a huge fan of both Coronation Street and Emmerdale. Started watching as a child with my mum, and watched virtually every episode since then. Until around two years ago, so many murders in the both programmes and Bethany’s storylines in Coronation Street (how can do much happen to one girl?) just made me give up on them.

I do miss the old days of these soaps, but I wouldn’t want to go back to watching with the current storylines sadly
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I stopped watching the majority of soaps 20 years ago, hubby makes me laugh, calling them training movies I also quit watching Casualty and Holby City about 8 years ago. I found story lines repetative and generally a lot of old cods.
Old 9 Nov 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

I stopped watching it when Pat Phelan (so ?) murdered the guy he had kept captured for months - it was both a silly story and un-necessary violent - plus I found it a ploy to keep ratings by having an evil character then the story should have allowed Andy to escape
I stopped watching after that awful episode and don’t miss it

I do watch Emmerdale and I enjoy it (most of the time) but if I miss an episode or 5 I don’t bother with catchup and am usually preparing supper when it’s on so it’s in the background (and I don’t have TV on when I eat - ever)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List