Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 21 Nov 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Blue Peter, because Magpie always asked for actual cash for their Christmas appeal, whereas with Blue Peter you could send in milk bottle tops and old sheets.
Old 21 Nov 19, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It's Friday, it's five to five . . . Oops, wrong one

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Blue Peter and How for us
Now my age the wooden tops , Andy Pandy , Tales by the river bank
Listen with mother on the radio
Heck I hated Camber wick Green Trumpton but I stil rember Windy Miller And the fire brigade lot imtesting you allnow to remember them
Or what's through the Round Window Big Ted
But how come 34 years later I still as a grandmother suffering Tomas the Tank engine ( come back Ringo Starr ) Toy Story what happened to the turtles or Bob the Builder Paw Patrol has a lot to live up too and Peppa Pig just let Miss Piggy sort her out
I don the tin hat and the Kevlar body armour now
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
cardiffkjk
Proud to wear my Ears

We never had a choice- it had to be Magpie as my mother was a Crossroads fan and Blue Peter was on at the same time 😂
cardiffkjk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Blue Peter and How for us
Now my age the wooden tops , Andy Pandy , Tales by the river bank
Listen with mother on the radio
Heck I hated Camber wick Green Trumpton but I stil rember Windy Miller And the fire brigade lot imtesting you allnow to remember them
Or what's through the Round Window Big Ted
But how come 34 years later I still as a grandmother suffering Tomas the Tank engine ( come back Ringo Starr ) Toy Story what happened to the turtles or Bob the Builder Paw Patrol has a lot to live up too and Peppa Pig just let Miss Piggy sort her out
I don the tin hat and the Kevlar body armour now
Hated tales by the river bank.

Wooden tops and Andy panda get the vote there. Neither did I like Trumpton and Canberwick green. As for age... watch with mother!

More recently with my niece ( now 16) I did enjoy sitting and watching in the night garden.

Everything now seems very fast and furious. I did watch an Irish kids programme with my grandson a few years back Puffin Rock... that was lovely
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Neither - though I am of that age... We had no telly as a child - lived on an island, off an island, off the North of Scotland.

No telly there til I was 16 (1980) - and then to be honest, I wasn't impressed, much more interested in boys and alcohol by then...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Neither - though I am of that age... We had no telly as a child - lived on an island, off an island, off the North of Scotland.

No telly there til I was 16 (1980) - and then to be honest, I wasn't impressed, much more interested in boys and alcohol by then...
Can I ask, how did you, as a child, find the isolation? Was it populated by many? Do you think, looking back, you were deprived of modern culture?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Can I ask, how did you, as a child, find the isolation? Was it populated by many? Do you think, looking back, you were deprived of modern culture?
hiya... Looking at it with my adult eyes from the comfort of a detached house, in a suburb, with buses every 10 minutes, and plenty in the cupboards - it was awful to be honest, but as a child life in general seemed a bit of fun at the time. It was more the cold, the rain, the wind that I remember as being bad. There were a couple of hundred on our island, so it felt like there was no one my age around. The mainland had 14,000 ish so was "bustling".

School was fun though, started out just a few of us of all ages, one classroom, one teacher - fantastic education - then on to the big school on the mainland -staying in the school hostel accommodation during the week - looks more modern now - but was great back then too...

We had a cinema on the mainland, and swimming pool, and a Boots, a Co-op and a Burtons etc - so when we were old enough to get the ferry and bus alone - about 10- we would go have fun.

I think the fact that we had many freedoms that I found others in mainland UK did not have made up for things. We were driving tractors and old vans at 10, riding ponies bareback practically from birth, pulling out the lambs in the birthing shed, eating well -

I remember on one particular day whinging to my mum -"not trout again" and her replying "ok go get us some crabs" and we'd trot down to the pier and dangle in a chunk of gristle from the roast and take home crabs for tea.

Was fun, was healthy, but I would not want to live that way now. Hubby is always on about moving to the country - noooooooo I had enough of that.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
hiya... Looking at it with my adult eyes from the comfort of a detached house, in a suburb, with buses every 10 minutes, and plenty in the cupboards - it was awful to be honest, but as a child life in general seemed a bit of fun at the time. It was more the cold, the rain, the wind that I remember as being bad. There were a couple of hundred on our island, so it felt like there was no one my age around. The mainland had 14,000 ish so was "bustling".

School was fun though, started out just a few of us of all ages, one classroom, one teacher - fantastic education - then on to the big school on the mainland -staying in the school hostel accommodation during the week - looks more modern now - but was great back then too...

We had a cinema on the mainland, and swimming pool, and a Boots, a Co-op and a Burtons etc - so when we were old enough to get the ferry and bus alone - about 10- we would go have fun.

I think the fact that we had many freedoms that I found others in mainland UK did not have made up for things. We were driving tractors and old vans at 10, riding ponies bareback practically from birth, pulling out the lambs in the birthing shed, eating well -

I remember on one particular day whinging to my mum -"not trout again" and her replying "ok go get us some crabs" and we'd trot down to the pier and dangle in a chunk of gristle from the roast and take home crabs for tea.

Was fun, was healthy, but I would not want to live that way now. Hubby is always on about moving to the country - noooooooo I had enough of that.
Sounds great to me. I like our isolation here couldn’t cope with hustle and bustle any more
Old 21 Nov 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Magpie for me although I did like Blue Peter for the dogs
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List