Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Apr 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited about Disney

Question Half board plus DDP - where to book?

Hi all,

First time to DLP, we are going for 7 nights so plenty of time.

Staying in Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forrest club room).

We know nothing about the restaurants and places to eat, are there any 'must do' places we can reserve?

Any recommendations would be appreciated
Oct 2012 - 1st time to Florida | June 2014 - NYC 3 days / Florida 13 days | Oct 2016 - POR 10 nights / Hard Rock 4 nights | Aug 2017- New York City | July 2018 Cruise | July 2019 DLP | Oct 2020 - Florida

Edited at 07:04 PM.
877 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

I personally would recommend Bistrot Chez Remy. I also liked Yacht Club, Hunter's Grill, and Annette's. If you like seafood, then Cape Cod may be the way to go. I found it quite hectic in there, and there was more seafood than I expected and it's not my fave.

I didn't enjoy Silver Spur steakhouse, though others have disagreed. I've not tried The Steakhouse, but others say it can be good.

You can use your vouchers in the 'Standard' restaurants too. I enjoyed Plaza Gardens, but wasn't a fan of Agrabah Cafe. Agrabah has an amazing theme and is very immersive. If you pop to trip advisor and check out the photos, you can see if it's the kind of fare for your party. I also liked La Cantina. There's quite a lot of love on here for La Grange at Billy Bobs, too.

You can also use your plan at face value to visit premium restaurants. What they do is essentially take the value of your plan, and deduct it from your bill and you pay the difference. When using the plan as is (so in standard/plus) you get a drink included, this perk isn't included when using the plan at face value so you have to cost in drinks too. (I say in standard/plus cos they don't downwardly convert your plan, so if you use it in standard and you have plus, they just take the full value and you get one meal and a drink)

I hope that makes sense and helps some... xx

Edited at 08:23 PM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited about Disney

Thank you! That is very helpful, I have been doing some reading and we obviously have similar tastes

I am now looking at the restaurant opening times, I heard they are all over the place and can catch you out?
Oct 2012 - 1st time to Florida | June 2014 - NYC 3 days / Florida 13 days | Oct 2016 - POR 10 nights / Hard Rock 4 nights | Aug 2017- New York City | July 2018 Cruise | July 2019 DLP | Oct 2020 - Florida
877 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

This is true! But you can make the reservations online now through the Disneyland Paris Dutch website, and if there were any changes to your booking, they should let you know.

Best bet it to try to make reservations around what you want to see that has a scheduled time, such as the parades. Hotel restaurants open at 6pm, which is actually a really good time to go. Especially the buffets! Though I will add that, that time wouldn't be best every night, as that would definitely interfere with the parade at some point!

If you want a restaurant to maybe be a tad quieter, it's best to choose not so common meal times. Or in the evening while the park is still open, when booking at a hotel restaurant.

Annette's is usually a good bet to go to when the parade is actually on, as you can't make reservations and have to queue. You have a better chance at a shorter wait if most people are in the park!
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh! Just to add, (I could edit a post but... lol) The table service restaurants have a set menu for the dining plan! However you can order A la Carte, or the Premium menu if there is one, but your plan becomes face value and you pay the difference, if there is one, on your bill. For example, if you went to The Yacht Club, and ordered say a main, a dessert, and a drink, and that totaled what they say your meal plan is worth, there'd actually be no more to pay. But if you chose the premium menu, then you'd pay the extra on your bill. x
Old 26 Apr 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited about Disney

Thanks so much Sarryb for all the useful information. As we were 'only' going to Paris we have kinda left the planning to later than usual, we now realise we should have done a bit more homework

Will have a look at the other things we want to do and plan around that, now to try and find the restaurant opening times! A dibbs search is on the cards

Thanks again very much!