Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Mar 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Friends of ours were conned by them over christmas sadly. Family of 5 and 2 grandparents, villa and tickets bought and paid for and when they arrived and went to the villa it was occupied by someone else! The management company took pity on them and tried to help, and a villa owner very kindly offered them a villa he had just bought on the same estate free of charge, with just the pool heat to pay! It wasn't in the best condition as he was planning a refurb, but they were very very grateful. Sadly they had to re purchase all their tickets, and lost days trying to sort it out! .

They are British and came across perfectly legitimate, they spoke on the phone etc etc. Very shocking and can't understand how they are still doing it after all these years!
Hopefully your friends reported the Prices to the police.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Hopefully your friends reported the Prices to the police.
Yes they did, the villa owner also got involved as apparently he owned several properties in Emerald islands and they had used pictures of his villas to advertise rental villas although he had nothing to do with them!

Sadly our friend's daughter booked it all without their imput as initially they were going on their own. They then decide to go too and by that time the villa was booked and they rang and offered to get their park tickets at a 'great price'! Because they had spoken to them etc. they trusted them and arranged for them to buy, disney, universal and bush garden tickets for 7 people
Old 21 Mar 17, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

How are these people still free to scam people? Either the police are useless at their jobs or worse, they don't care.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
floridapete
I want to go now!

These people get away with it (and Marion's activities in Florida go back a long way before 2011) because the people who get conned are mainly more concerned about getting their money back than stopping Marion, Kelly and their like being free to do it again, under other names from some other places, at some time in the future, to other people.

How many of the victims have ever gone to the Florida police with reports ? Very few. Were they willing to provide testimony in a Florida Court ? Even fewer.

So meanwhile Marion gets away with it because she knows that Brits in Florida trust fellow Brits in Florida and they are an easy target - especially when they are looking for 'a great deal' ! That's why she advertised on Gumtree - because she knew that all the people 'looking for a great deal' would be shopping on there - even for a villa holiday in Florida with the considerable sums of money involved ! "Lovely jubbly" as Del boy used to say !

Anybody who has been a recent victim can reply to this post and I will provide them with the contact details for the Osceola County Sheriffs Office who are now handling the case.

But this is NOT about getting your money back, that is now long gone. It's all about GETTING EVEN and making sure that this doesn't happen again to someone else !

Edited at 06:26 PM.
floridapete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi I have just found out all this information having paid this Kelly nearly £8000! Can someone send me details of how to contact the Florida police. I have already spoken to the fraud squad thanks
Old 24 Mar 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Faal78 View Post
Hi I have just found out all this information having paid this Kelly nearly £8000! Can someone send me details of how to contact the Florida police. I have already spoken to the fraud squad thanks
Osceola Sherrifs Office webpage here osceolasheriff
Old 24 Mar 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you however which department will it be I called them last night only to be transferred about 4 times to different departments and then to an answer machine which took over 45 minutes and didn't get to the right department
Old 24 Mar 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Faal78 View Post
Thank you however which department will it be I called them last night only to be transferred about 4 times to different departments and then to an answer machine which took over 45 minutes and didn't get to the right department
No clue, sorry. I would call in the daytime though. Most detectives, except homicide, work normal daytime hours, there's no one there 24/7.

Edited at 11:17 PM.
Old 24 Mar 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
No clue, sorry. I would call in the daytime though. Most detectives, except homicide, work normal daytime hours, there's no one there 24/7.
Ok thank you
Old 25 Mar 17, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Good luck everyone affected by this scam. Very sad

Edited at 12:22 AM.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List