Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
We my daughter managed to stay in her exams of maths and geography yesterday after her meltdown

Things are just getting worse though, she came out of Physics and she completely mucked up, they were given a sheet of equations to help in one section and she forgot about it, she did the questions without and wondered why they were impossible! She said she has lost 20 marks so has now written off physics

I could cry, she tries hard and she can do the work but put her in an exam and she goes to pieces

Well at least I know she has passed one which is Art as her teacher told her her mark
Oh no sorry to hear that, my dd doesn’t really show what she can do in tests either. I’m hoping that we can build up her confidence over half term. Fingers crossed for the rest of the week
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
I got the usual "ok" about Physics but apparently this was neither a "good ok" or a "bad ok" it was an actual ok. Got to love teens and texts!
Got the exact same text ony way home from my daughter haha
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Sat outside DD school RS study, listening to BBC R2 and they have a shoutout for couple on their first childless holiday, kids at home doing exam GCSE etc... how on earth could you leave your kids, even if mine where confident I wouldn’t leave them.
evergreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
Sat outside DD school RS study, listening to BBC R2 and they have a shoutout for couple on their first childless holiday, kids at home doing exam GCSE etc... how on earth could you leave your kids, even if mine where confident I wouldn’t leave them.
I've an acquaintance who has gone on holiday whilst her daughter is taking he GCSE's, slightly different as she is divorced and the daughter is with her Dad but I still couldn't do it!
Old 22 May 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

My friends wanted us to have our girlie holiday this week but i said count me out. I feel bad enough working! We went over may bank holiday weekend instead. Still felt gulity but his dad was around making sure the revision was done.

Maths yesterday ds said was good. Physics today was hard. And thats his fav subject!

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Hmmm tempting yes but no I couldn't do it

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

I wouldn’t feel comfortable being away while kids had their exams either. DS found Physics ok today but though Spanish was really hard
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have been pleased with DS replies to 'how did it go?' as I have got a few 'goods' and 'went well', I usually just get 'ok' or 'fine'.

I had a scare today though, he never rings me but I had a missed call from him at 12.20pm today. I thought he wasn't feeling well or something just before Physics. but he swears he didn't call.

He is taking it in his stride but did struggle to get up this morning. English tomorrow then nothing on Friday, glad they have a week off to recuperate.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Physics seemed to go well. English tomorrow, Business on Friday and then a week to regroup before he goes again. Good luck everyone for tomorrow 🍀
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh Also was furious the other day, still waiting for a reply from the headmaster.

Got an email at 9.30am on the first day of exams to say ' your son/daughter has not registered at school this morning' I did not read it until I had my break at lunchtime, imagine how frightened I could have been had I not dropped him off their myself that morning! I would have imagined all sorts of frightening scenarios.

When I called they said they knew he was in exams, so they could have sent a retracting email or at least called me to say ignore the first one!
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List