Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Jul 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Averryy View Post
A notification popped up to print this out and take it with me.
While you were on line on the web with Alamo?

Have you tried going back on to the Alamo site and reviewing or amending your booking? I added Joan as a driver at the last minute and they sent me another email confirming it with another bar code.

Mick
Old 5 Jul 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Averryy
Earning More Ears

Well I have put all my information in already, named drivers etc, so there is nothing to ammend.

Ticket says this:

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! Make sure to bring the same credit card you used to book this reservation. You MUST be able to present this ticket upon picking up your vehicle and at any point during your rental. So, print or save this ticket to your phone, and keep it handy.

Skip the counter. Skip the kiosk. Go directly to your vehicle.
After you have chosen a vehicle, drive to the exit booth and present this ticket to the booth agent.

Edited at 09:06 PM.
Averryy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Well I have put all my information in already, named drivers etc, so there is nothing to ammend.

Ticket says this:

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! Make sure to bring the same credit card you used to book this reservation. You MUST be able to present this ticket upon picking up your vehicle and at any point during your rental. So, print or save this ticket to your phone, and keep it handy.

Skip the counter. Skip the kiosk. Go directly to your vehicle.
After you have chosen a vehicle, drive to the exit booth and present this ticket to the booth agent.
Sorry but have you said all this before on this thread? Those last two lines spell it out clearly don't they?

Mick
Old 5 Jul 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Averryy
Earning More Ears

Yes, but other people mentioned a separate email with a barcode in the middle of a page. Was checking that this would be sufficient.
Averryy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
So I have done the online check in for 3 cars, 12 drivers total! Lot of license numbers!

Question, I have been given a ticket like this one with our details on it i.imgur.com/EblB8Eo.png (remove the space between . & com. )

Is that all I need to take with me?

Some people mention an email confirmation with another barcode, but havent had that at all!
Yes, but other people mentioned a separate email with a barcode in the middle of a page. Was checking that this would be sufficient.
Did you intend showing the last two lines in your first post? I didn't understand it to be honest.

I think it looks like you're OK but why not ring Alamo UK just to make sure. I'm sure they will help.

Mick
Old 5 Jul 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Done the OLCI for Alamo (booked through Expedia). I therefore got document with barcode but when I return to website (and do the bypass link) it lets me enter my card details etc and select I'm ok with agreement but then chucks me out with error. Tried so many times and don't know what I'm doing wrong. Looks like I will have to just go to counter
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
darth plagueis
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by Battery Chicken View Post
Hello

Sorry to be a pain but can someone please just let me know if my understanding of the skip the counter process is correct.

1. I have booked via AutoEurope so as long as I use the correct work around I will be able to access skip the queue
2. If I want to pay for the tank of petrol to return empty that is fine as I pay at the barrier on leaving
3. This is the bit I am confused about. I have included a gps in my original booking and I have already paid for this. Can I still use skip the queue to go straight to the garage and get a gps and the car.

Thanks any help much appreciated.
how much did you pay for renting the GPS?

DLP - Santa Fe 2017/18
TBC 2020
darth plagueis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

It's as simple as this, if you have completed OLCI and have a barcode printed out head to the garage. If you have completed STC as well and have a barcode head straight to the garage.

It doesn't matter about the layout of the page as long as you have completed at LEAST OLCI and have a barcode printed out.

My advice is to always try and complete STC in addition to OLCI for reasons I've mentioned many times before but whether people want to do that is their choice/risk.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Battery Chicken
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks to everyone for this great thread. Worked a treat! My only question is how do I know which line is relevant to the class I have hired? Do I just need to memorize what a dodge caravan looks like!? Where will the keys be kept in the car? I assume the exit barrier when leaving is where I pay for the petrol I have added and pick up the GPS?
Battery Chicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Battery Chicken
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by darth plagueis View Post
how much did you pay for renting the GPS?
Sorry just noticed this question. It was included in the price of the car from auto Europe and didn't come with a separate quote. Sorry I can't be more helpful!
Battery Chicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List