Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Jul 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Toffee Lady View Post
sorry just another question... it doesn't say skip the counter on it but it does have a barcode, is this all I need?

thanks
Loads of Dibbers recently have said that the bar code is all you need.

Mick
Old 25 Jul 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Toffee Lady
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Loads of Dibbers recently have said that the bar code is all you need.

Mick
yea I did see that , but wasn't sure if it should say skip the counter anywhere with the barcode.
thanks for your quick reply
Toffee Lady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
PDboulmer
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Skip the counter worked a treat thanks

I Just wanted to say thanks for advice on here, I got my skip the counter ticket even though booked car through Florida Discount Car hire.
Worked a treat, follow instructions to get the online check in with bar code, that many say is enough, but I carried on and changed the part of address bar with 'bypass' this went to skip the counter page put in credit card details which I would normally do at the kiosk pressed enter; hey presto now when I log in got skip the counter voucher printed this off ready to go.
So looking forward to getting off plane picking up bag straight out to car and away, as we have also gone with Air Lingus through Dublin to do security there so out through domestic arrivals also no security queues.
Only two weeks to go looking forward to it now.
Will be queuing for Avatar ride which is impossible to get fast pass for.

SO THANKS AGAIN SAVED ME MORE TIME

Cheers Phil
PDboulmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

How far in advance should I do online check in & skip the counter? We travel 3 wks today but don't pick the 1st car (2nd car booked later in holiday) until day 5 in from San Francisco union square - booked with Andy via discountfloridacarhire
Old 26 Jul 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Frankie & gang View Post
How far in advance should I do online check in & skip the counter? We travel 3 wks today but don't pick the 1st car (2nd car booked later in holiday) until day 5 in from San Francisco union square - booked with Andy via discountfloridacarhire
Not sure if there's any time constraints. We booked the car, did OLCI and STC all inside an hour in November for our February holiday.

If in doubt just drop Andy a PM. He's a regular helpful Dibber.

Mick
Old 26 Jul 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Not sure if there's any time constraints. We booked the car, did OLCI and STC all inside an hour in November for our February holiday.

If in doubt just drop Andy a PM. He's a regular helpful Dibber.

Mick
Thanks Mick that's helpful to know that I could do it now - before the "just before holiday panic"
Andy has been very helpful
Old 28 Jul 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry if this is already covered and I have missed it, I have looked through the thread!

I am booked with Alamo through DFCH and I have completed online check in but cannot see any option for Skip the Counter! What am I missing? We are arriving really really late, flight arrives at 23.36 😱 I'm happy to go straight to kiosk but if there is the option to speed things up a bit more, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys 😀

Edited at 10:59 AM.
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PDboulmer

Hi as my post above, I also used DFCH, just went on alamo website clicked on Online check in bit using reference number then changed part of address to 'bypass' and the page changed to skip counter page as below, if you check original sticky note instructions at top of dibb page its in there or just after in comments. Then emailed this to myself and printed it out, worked a treat so straight to car this time missing counter and kiosk...

''I Just wanted to say thanks for advice on here, I got my skip the counter ticket even though booked car through Florida Discount Car hire.
Worked a treat, follow instructions to get the online check in with bar code, that many say is enough, but I carried on and changed the part of address bar with 'bypass' this went to skip the counter page put in credit card details which I would normally do at the kiosk pressed enter; hey presto now when I log in got skip the counter voucher printed this off ready to go.
So looking forward to getting off plane picking up bag straight out to car and away, as we have also gone with Air Lingus through Dublin to do security there so out through domestic arrivals also no security queues.
Only two weeks to go looking forward to it now.
Will be queuing for Avatar ride which is impossible to get fast pass for.''

Hope you manage.

Cheers phil
PDboulmer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PDboulmer

As last message, just found the text in another post to change.

I replaced the 'OCIview' section of the address with 'bypass' this works.
Old 29 Jul 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YPBL
New Poster (5)

Originally Posted by PDboulmer View Post
As last message, just found the text in another post to change.

I replaced the 'OCIview' section of the address with 'bypass' this works.
Thank-you everyone, I did OLCI a while ago, but I've been trying to work out how to complete the "straight to the car" bit for a while on and off. These tips really helped and I completed it this evening.

Thanks all!
YPBL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List