Notices

Old 5 Nov 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Do You Want To Read My Trippie ? 1 Night Stay At AKL , Pandora And Rivers of Light

Today was the day I had booked AKL through dibber tinkers123. I am Eternally grateful to them for renting out their points and letting us experience AKL . Renting was so easy and I would definitely do it again. Tinkers was so helpful I cannot thank them enough really.
Anyway we headed straight to animal kingdom instead of check in as we had a n early reservation at tusker house and wanted to do FOP and had fastpasses. So with mum being better of we went for a better day. Animal kingdom has changed so much as part time there were boards up everywhere for construction. As always it was boiling hot as well. So first stop tusker. We've done this before so I had booked this for the ROL package . It's not cheap at $39 each for brekkie especially silly as mum still wasnt eating much. Now as much as we enjoyed it I have to say if this had been Our first time I would have been pretty disappointed. Our server was lovely but you could see she was stressed and it was only 8:30am. A few kind words to say how we appreciated everything they do went a long way. The characters were like whippets , they didn't even want to wait fir everyone to get back from the buffet, so if you book this don't go with high expectations. To be honest I was ok with it because we had mainly booked it for ROL.
After breakfast we joined to safari queue which was at 25 minutes, 40 minutes later still no nearer to riding so we had to leave the queue as I had booked caring for giants tour . We ended up with a private tour and for $30 each was well worth the money . Denise and jake our guides were brilliant and everyone enjoyed it immensely. I highly recommend this one .

Anyway next stop pandora. Mum loves avatar so she was really looking forward to this day. It didn't disappoint at all. We haven't done Navi yet as the queues were silly even at 9:15 am and still are with no fastpsss and I can't get one either. FOP is really good , very well done and took 30 minutes with the fastpass . The queue was 180 minutes at 9:15am.

So next stop was check in at AKL as I got an email our room was ready . I had booked a 1 bed villa and wow, wow, and wow .

The room was huge to say the least . One huge balcony with doors off the main room and bedroom ( over 6ft wide bed) and a view to die for overlooking the savannah. Everyone was blown away and the eldest speechless as they didnt know . No one wanted to leave the room. The hotel is huge.

I love the contemporary but this hotel is relaxing , beautiful, breath taking and unique . Even for 1 night it was so worth it. I could live here.
Anyway we had to go back to AK for rivers of light but stopped at the Mara to eat. Got to say food was ok but I wouldn't eat here again. Boma looked too busy as well. Anyway we ate so that was the main thing .
We got to rivers of light at 7:15 and it was rammed already but we had the dining tickets so it was good or so we thought!
We sat down to this view.

Oh boy , after the few days i had had I was not impressed. Even more so as it had cost me $240 for the breakfast that we didn't really want. I politely asked the CM if we could move as I clearly couldn't see , mums view was part of the post and had a girl with flashing ears on ( they are becoming my pet hate at shows, I wear them myself but always remove them at shows) . She point blank refused to let us move , no ifs no buts. Quiet rude as well. So I ended up at guest services after the show. This had all been planned with our ak stay so ruined a perfect day. I was so upset , more so I think due to events previous to this but no the less it was a crap view and the dining package shouldn't have been sold with these seats ( no one should sit here at all imo) . I could have queued up and had a better view . What I saw of the show was good but cannot comment completely as I couldn't see half of it. So off to guest services we went as dh could see I wasn't happy and kept apologising for the cost and how rubbish it had been. We went mainly to give them feedback rather than complain tbh.
Jennifer at guest services again came through for us . She could see from my video and pictures ( there's more of the crap views) how bad it was and agreed she wouldn't have been happy but sane as us couldn't understand why the Cm just wouldn't let us move. She looked at mde and saw how tight my schedule now was but wanted to offer us something in return for the rol . Anyway after a lot of juggling she gave us vip tickets to watch illuminations from Italy on the 7th. I couldn't thank her enough and again Disney were wonderful . I would love to see ROL properly but just can't fit it back In. Anyway we went back to the hotel and ended up watching the animals until 1am lol. No one wanted to sleep.

Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Mexy02 - 5 Nov 17 6:20 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

What a wonderful view from AKL no wonder you stayed up late watching the animals 😀. I agree about complaining about the view for RoL, such as shame you can't fit it in another time.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day spoilt by a CM well done on passing on feedback

Joan
Old 6 Nov 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

That room looks amazing and the view of the animals would be more than enough for me. Such a shame about ROL and how rude of the CM to not let you move, especially as you had the meal package tickets! However, I'm so glad that Disney Guest Services came through for you in some way to compensate. Well done for going to give feedback as I think sometime people from the UK don't do this enough!
Old 6 Nov 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you Joan and Jackie . I think I just wanted someone to acknowledge the view was poor. We had had breakfast so I didn’t want a refund and we couldn’t go back to ak to see rol again so I was disappointed. Disney have been amazing this trip , I fact the whole trip has been fabulous despite its ups and downs and it’s going far too quick as well. X
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your trip

Your experience at Tusker sounds similar to ours, we were very disappointed with it too.

Sounds like you got a lot done though and your villa at AKL looks beautiful.

Glad they were able to find you a replacement for your RoL experience. I love Illuminations so seems like a good compromise, even if not exactly what you wanted to start with.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Wow! Great day
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Great TR. We did ROL package last year too & have to agree if paying oop it's not worth it.
Love the photos 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List