Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Dec 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile Timings - is this possible?

I'm travelling out on sat 13th January. Just me. With hand luggage. And I have a car to pick up. I'm due to land at 1630.

Assuming i land in time, is it possible to get to Hollywood studios, including checking into y&b, in time for 7pm for the Star Wars fireworks?

I was thinking they were 8pm. But apparently not. Im assuming 2.5 hrs from landing to Star Wars including checking in is pretty much not going to happen.

Any more positive outlooks than that?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Do you need to check in first ?

With hand luggage you could be through the airport quickly and if you have a frequent user card for car hire that could be quick too. I think it’s tight but not impossible.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Do you need to check in first ?

With hand luggage you could be through the airport quickly and if you have a frequent user card for car hire that could be quick too. I think it’s tight but not impossible.
I suppose I could go straight to the park. But i thought it would be as quick going straight to the hotel and walking round.

Apparently it's a 15 min walk from the hotel. I'd be more than that parking and walking from the parking lot.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
beaflorida
Chilling at Carribean Beach

The main issue i think is immigration as we recently queued for two hours to get through, so even with hand luggage it could still take you some time to arrive, check in and get to Hollywood Studios. Best of luck though
beaflorida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by beaflorida View Post
The main issue i think is immigration as we recently queued for two hours to get through, so even with hand luggage it could still take you some time to arrive, check in and get to Hollywood Studios. Best of luck though
I'm hoping to get a seat near the front. As im travelling alone I've no problems bolting to immigration, although having a sweaty scot turn up may raise an eye brow with the IO

Worst case is i miss the Star Wars and just go to Fantasmic as well as ToT and RaR. I've never done RaR or either of the fireworks. So looking forward to it. Can alway pop back to watch the Star Wars
Old 20 Dec 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it is unlikely, especially picking up hire car, immigration, checking in hotel etc. We landed at 4 two years ago at Sanford, coach to Art of Animation, check in, dump bags and bus to HS by around 7pm so it could be possible especially as it is just you travelling.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
I suppose I could go straight to the park. But i thought it would be as quick going straight to the hotel and walking round.

Apparently it's a 15 min walk from the hotel. I'd be more than that parking and walking from the parking lot.
Where are you staying? If the gods are with you it’s a possibility. But there are many variables that make it unlikely. I’d judge it on the day. Last thing you want to do after a 9 hour flight is drive like a distracted tourist though.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Where are you staying? If the gods are with you it’s a possibility. But there are many variables that make it unlikely. I’d judge it on the day. Last thing you want to do after a 9 hour flight is drive like a distracted tourist though.
I'm staying at yacht and beach club.

It's no biggie if I don't make it. But I'd like to as it ticks a few things off my list
Old 20 Dec 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
I'm staying at yacht and beach club.

It's no biggie if I don't make it. But I'd like to as it ticks a few things off my list
Oh good choice! It’s a 15 minute brisk walk to DHS from the start of the path. Depending where your room is you can add 5 - 10 minutes onto that. What you could easily pull off though is Illuminations with a World Showcase tipple. I know what I’d go for. There is also a boat to DHS. I walked it faster than my family rode it though 😂
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Mobile

In September it took us 1 hour 20 minutes from landing to driving out of the garage. In 2016 we did it in 40 minutes.