Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
donnacraig1984
Getting Excited

1 week.

Morning folks.
Looking for advice. Due to the other half being off work quite a lot last year through illness we never thought of going to Orlando. Now his illness is well controlled we have been looking for late deals to spain or canaries but a week at these places is coming out at the same price as a week in orlando in july, 3rd to 10th july its the only dates that fit into our 2 weeks off. Is it worth going for a week. We have priced it up at £1780 for flights and seat selection this is for 2 adults and 3 kids aged 7, 4 and 4. Car hire is around £200. villa for £550 then we have hotel and car parking at manchester airport that is around £200. I think its a lot of hassle other half doesnt. What do you think?
Thanks D
donnacraig1984 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve just come back from doing a week, me, DH, DD13 and DD10. For us, yes it was worth it. We really enjoyed and as we’ve been before, and are going again next year it was fine.

As you only get 6 full days, it does mean you are more limited as to what you can fit in and we didn’t do any of the fireworks from the parks as we found it took us a while to adjust to the time difference.

I think as long as you all go with the knowledge that you won’t get everything done but treat it as more of a bonus extra rather than replacing a longer trip, it is worth it.
DH however, although he enjoyed it, would not rush to do it again as once you add tickets in, it’s not as good value as 2 weeks.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
eastendpar
Excited about Disney

eastendpar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
It really depends on what you want to do.
One week restricts you on what you can realistically fit into that time. Allowing for the days of travel you probably have 6 full days to cram in as much or as little as you want to.
We have been fortunate to have visited Orlando 8 times in the last 10 years so have become more selective in what we do for each trip.
I actually completed a six day trip in March this year on my own to watch 3 ice hockey matches and a golf tournament in Tampa and didnt touch a park. Had a great time.
Best to sit down and discuss what you really “must do” in your week in Orlando and work back to determine if it is worth it by leaving out that what is not possible.
My personal advice is go for it if it comes close to achieving your prime objective for getting awayand therevore well worth the hassle.

Updated as whilst i was posting another dibber has posted much the same advice. Sorry for the repition.

Edited at 10:16 AM.
eastendpar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’re doing just a week this year as we hadn’t been planning on going at all and it’s all we can fit in. We’re only doing Disney so as not to feel rushed. We’ve done a week before but we had already been earlier that year. We’ve also done 11 nights and found it too short but in hindsight we tried to cram too much in. I think you need to go with the philosophy that a week there is better than a week here and that you won’t cram everything in.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
donnacraig1984
Getting Excited

Mobile

I can see where your coming from regarding the park ticket prices The A Team. We have done disney twice over the last 3 years and we are disneyd out. If anything maybe blizzard beach and a day at universal then a visit to clear water or daytona never been to them. And chill.
donnacraig1984 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I’ve done week long trips before, Went with plan of what to do and would do it again if needed
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Done a week many times. It's knackering to be honest as you'll be ramming as much in as possible

Still a great holiday but like any 1 week vacation, you probs cant relax as much as a two weaker

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t because it takes me a couple of days to “settle in” before I feel like being out from dawn to dusk. Don’t feel I’d get my money’s worth.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have done 7 and 10 days in the past. For the week trip we did no parks, we just had a pool holiday at AKL as it worked out less than the canaries.
10 day holiday meant we would get far better value for money out of our tickets.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List