Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
rodaz2015
Helping Minnie

1 week

hi, On a bit of budget this year. would people go for a week or do you think its to short?

thanks
rodaz2015 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ando88
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by rodaz2015 View Post
hi, On a bit of budget this year. would people go for a week or do you think its to short?

thanks
We went for a week 3 years ago for our first visit. In this time we did Disney parks and a day at US. We are going for 2 weeks this time as we felt a week was too rushed. D'S was 5 at the time and he was knackered by the end of it,So we sacked off Epcot 1 day as we felt we all really needed a pool day to just relax!

I suppose it depends on the ages of the people in your group,and how much you hope to do in a week? We all still had an amazing time though,and DS still talks about it 3 years on,hence why we are going again!
ando88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
rodaz2015
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by ando88 View Post
We went for a week 3 years ago for our first visit. In this time we did Disney parks and a day at US. We are going for 2 weeks this time as we felt a week was too rushed. D'S was 5 at the time and he was knackered by the end of it,So we sacked off Epcot 1 day as we felt we all really needed a pool day to just relax!

I suppose it depends on the ages of the people in your group,and how much you hope to do in a week? We all still had an amazing time though,and DS still talks about it 3 years on,hence why we are going again!

we have been 3 times already, 30 and 31, so probs just universals and Magic kingdom and animal kingdom
rodaz2015 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid2014
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Going for a week this August. Will be our 6th visit - all just one week trips. Just doing Disney. Last time just did Universal. A week is better than not going at all!
bigkid2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d quite happily do a week, but I would just do universal rather than Disney

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I would do 2 weeks, and if money comes into it, get a really cheap hotel with b'fast included and a pool! Air fare is big cost, and doesn't change whether 1 week or 2, so I'd have that 2nd week sunbathing by pool and eating at Golden Coral / Cici's rather than come home!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2010
Imagineer

Disney2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
It's each to their own really.
We prefer to do a budget two weeks as the flight is quite lengthy.

I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway x
Old 17 Jan 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Shazzabelle
VIP Dibber

We are doing 1 week at the end of May. We got a bargain and are only doing Universal to keep ticket costs down, as we are on a tight budget. We're really looking forward to it. I think it will be more relaxed than our previous Florida holidays as we're not trying to cram everything in. I know it's a long way, but last time we went to Devon we had horrendous traffic and it took well over 11 hours to get there for a 3 night stay and I had to drive... ! I would rather have 1 week than none

DISNEYLAND PARIS TRIPS - March 2006 DLP Sante Fe DD Birthday Trip, June 2007 DLP Disneyland Hotel DS Birthday Trip, Feb 09 Cheyenne Grandmas 60th BDay, Aug 12 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Aug 15 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Dec 17 Cheyene 1st Xmas at DLP!, Oct/Nov 18 Sequoia Lodge 1st H'ween at DLP!
FLORIDA TRIPS - Aug 2004 Bahama Bay Honeymoon, Aug 2006 Hampton Lakes 2nd Wedd Ann, Sept/Oct 2008 POR (1st MNSSHP!), Jul/Aug 17 RPR/POR, May/Jun 18 ASS/IDrive/HRH, Aug 22 Me50/DD21/DS18 US&Somewhere on the 192
Shazzabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

if it is a case of not going or going for a week then I would go for a week
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TheRobsters
Getting Excited

I'm not sure I could go for one week we did 10 nights last year and for me that wasn't enough. I would choose to do either Universal or Disney and the saving made I would put towards the cost of another week.
As others have said the cost of the flight would generally be the same regardless of whether you stay 7 or 14 nights.
TheRobsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List