Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Apr 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

1st time landing in MCO direct (sort of)

So managed to get a good price on indirect flights via FRA with overnight - so the next day it's a direct flight from FRA to MCO
(so I'm counting it as a direct flight - Yay!)

We've only ever flown indirect via other US airports so I've never cleared immigration in MCO and panicking a bit about 2 hours plus in immigration queues.

Since we've flown to the US before we can use the kiosks - so how long is it likely to take in MCO?

Looking at arrivals it appears that the FRA flight arrives 10mins before other UK flights into MCO so this should help ..right?

Thanks for any replies!
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
So managed to get a good price on indirect flights via FRA with overnight - so the next day it's a direct flight from FRA to MCO
(so I'm counting it as a direct flight - Yay!)

We've only ever flown indirect via other US airports so I've never cleared immigration in MCO and panicking a bit about 2 hours plus in immigration queues.

Since we've flown to the US before we can use the kiosks - so how long is it likely to take in MCO?

Looking at arrivals it appears that the FRA flight arrives 10mins before other UK flights into MCO so this should help ..right?

Thanks for any replies!
How long is a piece of string.
Unfortunately, there is no definitive answer.
All depends on how many flights arrive at the same time. Just because the are scheduled to arrive at different times, doesn't mean that they will.
It's all just pot luck!
Old 9 Apr 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You’ve got to find your zen and just zone out until it’s over. It will take as long as it takes.
Old 9 Apr 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Pot luck. Our flight last year was due to arrive just after a BA and Virgin so I was dreading it. Then we left like 20 mins late so was really dreading it. Sat front of aircraft so one of the first off and to our surprise we arrived to an empty arrivals hall! Literally walked straight up to the desk and done.

But where there waiting for what felt like an eternity waiting for our luggage. A good 30-45 mins. The virgin and ba flights arrived and the hall was packed but surprisingly their baggage arrived onto the belts before ours so some of them who arrived later, were out before us. So you can never judge it!

Edited at 09:07 PM.
wheety1621 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
You’ve got to find your zen and just zone out until it’s over. It will take as long as it takes.
As I've said maybe 20 times on here on the same question.

One thing I've learnt after 72 years on this planet is not to stress about things over which you have no control.

It will be 15 minutes or it will be 2 hours. We've experienced everything in between.

Mick
Old 9 Apr 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
You’ve got to find your zen and just zone out until it’s over
Next time I'm mentally cursing my way through immigration I'm going to remember this 😂 Best MCO advice I've heard yet!
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

I mentally prepare for a two hour wait, anything less is a bonus. It’s one of the reasons we never plan anything on arrival day. Just land, clear immigration, check in, food and sleep. That way, I don’t feel I’ve missed out on anything.

Edited at 10:24 PM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

You'll find this very easy,went this time last year and time from plane exit to picking car up was 42 minutes,hope it the same next week.Will post this on my return.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List