Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

"Your Holiday Has Been Cancelled". What?

Just received an email from Virgin with updated holiday details. It's actually the first email from them since booking it four weeks ago.

The email came through without images and in a grey banner across the top states "Your holiday has been cancelled". It then goes on to give the itinerary and tells me to expect more emails as the holiday gets closer.

When I click on show images there is no mention of the cancellation.

I have not cancelled!

Can't speak to anyone at Virgin until tomorrow but wonder if anyone else has had this, hopefully, glitch.

Can someone please put my mind at ease?
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowie
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I had exactly the same issue.. I called VH straight away and they confirmed that all looked fine at their end and that my holiday wasn't cancelled.
stressful though!
Rowie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Is it definitely from virgin ? What email address is it from ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Aw thanks Rowlie. Very much appreciate your reply. I will call them in the morning to check it out but hopefully just a glitch.

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Definitely from Virgin. Wonder if it's just a glitch when showing/not showing images.
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
bmcdo
Getting Excited

Mobile

I had the same thing. My heart stopped as I fumbled trying to open the email. Nothing has changed.
bmcdo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks bmcdo. I got that horrible sinking feeling in my stomach! Did you speak with Virgin? I've checked on manage my booking and everything is still there so will try and sleep soundly tonight.
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

So it's just the banner before you load the images? If I was to guess, it sounds like they're using the wrong fallback text. I work in dev and it happens a lot when coders copy templates to use on something else and miss updating everything.

ETA: It should be picked up in testing but depends if it's something they're briefed to check. Some clients I've worked for are very adamant that everything is perfect even without images, some couldn't care less about things like that as long as the final loaded version is fine.

If it all looks good on their system, I wouldn't worry about it.

Edited at 07:53 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Far be it for me to get over emotional, but I love Dibbers! You've all put my mind at ease. The coding error makes perfect sense and if I'd stopped to think about it before panicking I would have realised.
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

Likely an error. Happened to us with Thomson.
Bal is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List