Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Aug 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
arty688
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Matty777 View Post
We arrive on the 10th and have a Premium Elite booked too, but not picking it up until about 5am on the 11th.
here's what Alamo tweeted me:
Cadillac SRX,
Lincoln MKX,
BMW X3,
Infinity QX70,
Volkswagen Touareg,
Volvo XC60
Volvo XC70

I'll leave you a nice one!
Cheers if you could let me know whats there that would be great.
arty688 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Yanto
Getting Excited

Hi Dave,

Do you have the Alamo code for a premium SUV I have one booked for September..? they say BMW X3 or similar (bet I won't get one of those..!) but want to check I get the correct category. I have a gut feeling I might get fobbed off with this category.
Yanto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Yanto View Post
Hi Dave,

Do you have the Alamo code for a premium SUV I have one booked for September..? they say BMW X3 or similar (bet I won't get one of those..!) but want to check I get the correct category. I have a gut feeling I might get fobbed off with this category.
I think it’s PFAR - but not entirely sure.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Yanto View Post
Hi Dave,

car-hire-centre/sipp-codes.html
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
arty688
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I think the code is UFAR if that helps
arty688 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

We picked up our car last night in MIA, we were supposed to pick up a 7 seater van but DS really wanted a Chevrolet Surburban, lovely man at the preferred car desk who went off and got us one.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Yanto
Getting Excited

Hi Dave,

Yes thanks it i managed to track it down it is PFAR, although Alamo is rather confusing because they have two categories Premium Elite SUV and Premium SUV.

I will take all the documentation and try and get something decent when I arrive.
Yanto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
arty688
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Strange from what I found the PFAR was a suburban and the UFAR was the X3 there is also A WFAR which is a Q7
Old 11 Aug 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Well, We have arrived in Miami and the car has been picked up.

Now, when I went to the garage and went down the row it was mostly Hyundai Santa Fe Sports, with the odd Dodge Journey and a Kia in there too. This simply would not do.

So walked back to the entrance and spoke to one of the guys there and explained that I was after a Ford Explorer ... straight away he said he could source one for us but it would be an upgrade. Even when I said it’s code SFAR and that’s what I’ve booked he agreed, but told me I would need to go to the rental desk on Level 4 and speak to them.

I stood firm and told him it would not be an upgrade as Alamo had confirmed to others, and importantly to me on their Facebook page that the Standard SUV included the Ford Explorer and others. He asked if I could show him and I did - he said well it’s there so let me see if I can get you one.

10 minutes later, this appeared for us.

He said it might be a while but as soon as he heard they had one he had them bring it - still wet from it’s wash. It’s even got the cream leather interior - I love a cream leather interior.

So ... those booking a Standard SUV wanting an Explorer, either look for a post on their Facebook page where they confirm it or ask the question there yourself before you go.

It’s a great car BTW and quite large compared to my Qashqai (and would fit the missus Fiat 500c inside it).
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Good work Dave! What's the code on it then - SFAR?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List