Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Aug 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
stephy
Imagineer

Mobile Economy cars at MCO

Hi
Can anyone whose hired an economy car at MCO with Alamo recently tell me what cars were available?
We go in a couple of weeks and want to see if we need to upgrade
Thanks
stephy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
stephy
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone please?
stephy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Maybe the reason you've had no replies could be that most Dibbers want to go larger as in SUVs and up. I don't think I've seen a single experience of small cars on here. We are just a couple and always go for full size. Nissan Altima, Hyundai Sonata etc.

Andy at DFCH web site suggests Mitsubishi Mirage or Fiat 500 but you can never gaurantee what will be in the row when you get there.

Mick
Old 14 Aug 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We always have an Economy car for the two of us.Can't see the point of paying a fortune for a big car we don't need. Have never felt overwhelmed by larger traffic on the roads and have travelled many miles on and off major highways. There is space in the boot for two suitcases and our rucksack hand luggage. Roll on Feb.

Have probably cursed us now!
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
We always have an Economy car for the two of us.Can't see the point of paying a fortune for a big car we don't need. Have never felt overwhelmed by larger traffic on the roads and have travelled many miles on and off major highways. There is space in the boot for two suitcases and our rucksack hand luggage. Roll on Feb.

Have probably cursed us now!
What range of cars are there?
Old 14 Aug 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

I think you answered your own question, you can never guarantee what will be there, so it is no use hazzarding a guess for the op. Can just state the luggage capacity for two people in said Economy car
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
rsvdaz
Apprentice Imagineer

We normally go full size / mid size SUV, sometimes larger SUV.
This year as we thought there was going to be the two of us we opted for a Ford Focus.
We have felt vunerable in heavy traffic

Edited at 01:04 PM.
rsvdaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Granbran
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Last time I had economy car it was a lime green Fiesta. Chose it because that’s what I drive at home so I knew where all the controls were!
1991 Days Inn,1993/96/98 Flydrive,1994 Catalina Inn,2000 Lindfields,2003 Thousand Oaks, 2004/2006 Liki Tiki,2005 Cruise,2007/2008 Regal Palms,2010 High Grove,2011 Star Island, 2012 Marriots Cypress Harbour,2013 SSR/Sheraton Vistana,2015 Calabria,2016 India,2017Westgate/Cabana Bay,2017POFQ/WestgateTown,2018 India,2019 CBR&Westgate Town
Granbran is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
The last 2 times we've been we've ordered an economy car, and both times there was an Intermediate (Toyota Corolla saloon and Chevy Cruze) in the economy line, so we've taken them. To be honest I didn't take much notice what other cars were available
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we usually get an economy car & its a gamble but we have had fiesta, focus, a nissan note but last year got hyundai i think it was a lantra so a bit bigger

never felt vulnerabale on the i4 etc no different from driving a mini for exmaple here..

only 3 of us so we can stick a bag in the back seat if needs be..
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List