Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Oct 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Avis preferred- help please

Hi
I have booked flydrive with BA, as recommend I joined avis preferred, entered all my details, but realised I'm not actually driving (and have no intention to) but the ba booking is in my name, what do I put into avis? My husband's driving licence etc or mine? Confused myself!
I wanted to go straight to garage but am wondering if it's easier to go to the desk, I also want full to empty option so will need to pay for this too.
Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by amcc View Post
Hi
I have booked flydrive with BA, as recommend I joined avis preferred, entered all my details, but realised I'm not actually driving (and have no intention to) but the ba booking is in my name, what do I put into avis? My husband's driving licence etc or mine? Confused myself!
I wanted to go straight to garage but am wondering if it's easier to go to the desk, I also want full to empty option so will need to pay for this too.
Thank you
If you both join BA Executive Club and then you can just add your Husbands Executive membership number onto BA website. I usually book flights but my Husband always does the driving, just add his membership number to the booking.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by amcc View Post
Hi
Thank you
Just give Avis a ring. I have done that on a couple of occasions and found them very helpful. Last thing you want to do is to go back to the desk after the log flight.

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You don't actually need to do anything.

AVIS preferred is used so you can go straight to the garage. If you added your avis preferred number when you booked the fly-drive it will automatically be registered with preferred. If not you need to go through a few steps to get it linked as other threads mention. IT has nothing to do with additional drivers just skip the desk.

BA when booking allow you to chose who in the party will be the main driver. if you did not put your husband as the main driver it is irrelevant. Spouses are automatically covered by AVIS and are not added to the rental agreement and are covered free of charge.
So you could just go to the garage (first time you need to show your driving licence and credit card at the garage desk. Which even if you are not driving you would need to do as lead) and your husband can drive it straight away regardless. He dosn't even need to show his licence but most have one!

The BA exec club membership allows an additional driver but this is in addition to the spouse. So if only 2 of you it is not necessary. This causes confusion with lots on the Dibb. It is only of use if the additional driver is not a spouse/partner but say a friend or son/daughter. I make a lot of use of it to allow my daughter to drive. So we get 3 drivers with BA exec and AVIS free of charge. DW DD and ME

Only my dauhter and myself will be on the rental agreement. DW will not but is covered automatically.

Edited at 10:23 PM.
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List