Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 19 May 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
I was out the room but DW said the Icelandic band flashed Palestine flags during the scoring. Anyone else see that? News now talking about the pre event protest
Yes we spotted that. Camera soon moved from them
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

[QUOTE=miked1e;13852685]
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Tell me why then 😉[/QUOT

Where do I start...
I will pull up a chair ...
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Yes we spotted that. Camera soon moved from them
Madonna’s dancer had the Palestine flag on her arm & back too.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Yes they did. That will be a slap on the wrist for them and the Icelandic team as the contest is supposedly beyond politics.

Madonna was truly awful. So bad.

I did not vote for it in the UK heat but our song didn’t deserve last. The public vote was brutal.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other

Edited at 12:31 AM.
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
Yes they did. That will be a slap on the wrist for them and the Icelandic team as the contest is supposedly beyond politics.

Madonna was truly awful. So bad.

I did not vote for it in the UK heat but our song didn’t deserve last. The public vote was brutal.
The contest is most definately not beyond politics the voting is mostly about politics, always has been too, usually GN or even back when Terry Wogan was hosting they would be quite vocal with the " no surprise there " when votes were announced , I noticed that it wasn't as vocal as in past years , maybe GN has been asked to tone it down , we aren't stupid though we have a good idea of which countries are going to vote for each other . I wasn't expecting any votes for UK tonight , regardless of what our song was like .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Madonna’s dancer had the Palestine flag on her arm & back too.
We didn’t see Madonna, turned it off between the singing and the voting. I know she was criticised for going and it was rumoured that she was going to pull out. It seems the huge pay swayed her though
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Am I right in thinking we are through automatically ( year on year) because of the money we provide for the event. Likewise with France and no doubt a few other countries...
Where would their so call gap in funding come from if we pulled out?
It's beyond annoying that it's political, ours could be the best song by the most famous act yet still be last.
I feel sorry for Michael he didn't deserve that, I hope the BBC have prepared him well fir what must be heart breaking. I hope the press aren't too vicious either as clearly it's not his fault and they should realise that by now.
My blood boils that they think so little of us yet want to come and live here and some ( not all) come to abuse our systems, with housing health, social care etc whilst doing nothing for it. In my book very two faced!
Old 19 May 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
Am I right in thinking we are through automatically ( year on year) because of the money we provide for the event. Likewise with France and no doubt a few other countries...
Where would their so call gap in funding come from if we pulled out?
It's beyond annoying that it's political, ours could be the best song by the most famous act yet still be last.
I feel sorry for Michael he didn't deserve that, I hope the BBC have prepared him well fir what must be heart breaking. I hope the press aren't too vicious either as clearly it's not his fault and they should realise that by now.
My blood boils that they think so little of us yet want to come and live here and some ( not all) come to abuse our systems, with housing health, social care etc whilst doing nothing for it. In my book very two faced!
Yes you are correct, hence we never have to go through the Semi's - all a total farce! When did Australia & Tel Aviv become part of Europe?
Well the big surprise has to be not that we came last but that we actually got 16 Points !
Old 19 May 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida2010 View Post
Madonna was unfortunately very disappointing - tell me she didn’t know about the flags on the back of the backing singers? Eurovision isn’t a political platform or shouldn’t be.
Massive tv viewing figures across 40/50 countries it's the ideal platform for human rights issues

Edited at 09:28 AM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I think you'll find those people voting ( or not voting for the UK) are voting from and living in their respective countries and therefore appear to have no desire to live in the UK, abuse our systems with housing and social care etc... I'm just surprised you didn't throw ' take all our jobs' into the mix too

Edited at 09:32 AM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List