Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jun 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Here’s how it ended up. My concerns are:

No Frozen ever after (wasn’t sure about this anyway), Alien swirling saucers and didn’t put Epcot character spot in. I did pretty much double up on the roller-coasters and FOP, Slinky and 7 dwarfs. Navi is in on 24th, but that was penned as a rest day, so if we don’t go that day I may miss that ride. I’m still not sure the best day to try and watch MK fireworks or will the California Grill cover that? Is the Little Mermaid too late on 31st to then get to T-Rex at DS by 5pm?

It was stressful and I found it hard to book a big ticket ride when say presented with 12.35pm , 12.55pm or 1.05pm etc. what to go for as this has a knock on effect on booking the other rides. I wish you could put 3 rides in and it gave you the best order and timings based on a start/finish time.

Any comments about the plan or recommended changes?

Thanks again everyone.

Edited at 10:56 AM.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Looks fine and you got most things covered.

One FO I would swap is your mermaid one on the 25th, I think you would easily walk onto that especially that time. In fact we have always walked onto it and I rarely walk onto anything. How about swapping it for "its a small world"? It is twee but I think it is pure Disney. I usually do it on my first day.

I think the Little Mermaid at HS is only thirty minutes, so plenty of time to make your DS reservation.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

Thanks. I've now got it's a small world at 9.50am on 25th. If we finish breakfast early enough we could try for little mermaid before FP's start or do it later.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Sounds good overall, I may see you in Tony’s on the 20th as we are doing the parade package too!

I would want to see the MK fireworks in the park not just from California Grill, there are a lot of projections on the castle.

If you go back in now and modify the FPs, you may be able to shuffle times a bit if you want to where they don’t quite line up, I find you then get offered times that weren’t there originally. I wouldn’t worry too much about Epcot characters, you will see the same ones at Chef Mickey

I haven’t been since Toy Story Land opened, but I imagine Alien Saucers should be ok to get on at rope drop or pick up as a 4th fastpass as Slinky and TSM are the more popular rides
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I haven’t been since Toy Story Land opened, but I imagine Alien Saucers should be ok to get on at rope drop or pick up as a 4th fastpass as Slinky and TSM are the more popular rides
That is wishful thinking!

Well rope drop maybe but extra fast pass unlikely I am afraid, it is also really popular.
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That is wishful thinking!

Well rope drop maybe but extra fast pass unlikely I am afraid, it is also really popular.
Ah I am obviously too optimistic I was thinking that was the ride everyone was less bothered about!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Ah I am obviously too optimistic I was thinking that was the ride everyone was less bothered about!
It doesn't really look like much, eventually I think it will be seen a bit like the teacup ride. But it is still new in terms of rides and so very popular.

Edited at 02:49 PM.
Old 21 Jun 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

I've tried not watch too many ride and pov videos but I did look at alien saucers. It doesn't tickle my fancy but the kids might like it. Hopefully they'll like areosmith more (am beginning to wonder if I booked this holiday for the kids or me, who am I kidding I already know the answer lol).
Old 21 Jun 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
I've tried not watch too many ride and pov videos but I did look at alien saucers. It doesn't tickle my fancy but the kids might like it. Hopefully they'll like areosmith more (am beginning to wonder if I booked this holiday for the kids or me, who am I kidding I already know the answer lol).
I don't recall seeing children as young as 4 on aerosmith to be honest, it is pretty intense. Is he tall for his age?
Old 21 Jun 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don't recall seeing children as young as 4 on aerosmith to be honest, it is pretty intense. Is he tall for his age?
Good point. I think Aerosmith may even be 137cm, I will have check. I think this may rule them both out thus making it their favourite rollercoaster lol. My oldest should be ok for FOP (122cm?) but unless my youngest has a growth spurt he's not getting on. I'm going to have to tell some porkies to entice them on anything fast. Hopefully once they've tried them they'll like them. If not I'll get to see a lot of "it's a small world".