Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Jul 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
Sorry am I missing something ? what's gone wrong with galaxys edge ?
Nothing. Some people are annoyed it will be open when they go.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I would love to have this ‘problem’
Tell you what let’s swap, I ll go to Florida and have to suffer typhoon lagoon and Galaxys edge and you do my commute to Bristol for the week 😂
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
Sorry am I missing something ? what's gone wrong with galaxys edge ?
As far as I can tell, trips were booked to avoid the crowds that will be in attendance for the opening weeks of GE.

There were assumptions made that "opening fall 2019" meant very late in the year.

Unfortunately, fall in the eyes of WDW generally starts in September. You could argue that its now the end of August since MNSSHP starts then now.

So what you've got is incorrect assumptions with a slightly earlier than expected opening of GE.
Old 8 Jul 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by crux View Post
This does seem really bad planning from Disney. There are probably no onsite hotel rooms available from late August onwards due to the opening of GE, so the crowds are going to be enormous. I realise that HS will be the busiest (hence the early opening times) , but all the parks are going to be busy.

From a crowd management point of view it seems strange to close BB so close to 29th August.

My one hope is that the onsite hotels aren't as full once we get beyond early September, especially as we're arriving on 24th September 🤞
According to a couple of American forums I go on there are loads of Disney hotel rooms available throughout September at least. A lot of people on those forums have said they're waiting until the other GE ride is open before they go. Very easy for Americans who don't book as far in advance as we do of course!

Edited at 02:44 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo View Post
As far as I can tell, trips were booked to avoid the crowds that will be in attendance for the opening weeks of GE.

There were assumptions made that "opening fall 2019" meant very late in the year.

Unfortunately, fall in the eyes of WDW generally starts in September. You could argue that its now the end of August since MNSSHP starts then now.

So what you've got is incorrect assumptions with a slightly earlier than expected opening of GE.
In fairness to these people, Disney did originally officially announce that GE would open at WDW in "Late Fall 2019" (see here). This wasn't an "assumption".

Late Fall would imply sometime in the latter half of the Fall/Autumn period. Even if we assume Fall goes from late-August to late-December, then "late Fall" would be sometime after late October. Therefore the majority of people assumed it would probably open in early November at the earliest.

It was only in March this year that Disney then changed "Late Fall" to "August 29th". End of August is not late Fall no matter how much you spin it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:32 AM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I for one am furious with Disney.

First they changed their “late fall” opening of GE so we are stuck with crowds we were trying to avoid... but these things happen so whatever...

Then they change the Hollywood Studios FastPass tiers... got mildly annoyed but again got over it!

Then with just 2/3 months to go they decide to shut one whole park?! The one my 3 year old was most looking forward too!

I understand for some it may not be a big deal but if I had known all this I would never have booked to go when we are.

They haven’t even given enough notice that we can change anything. I’ve paid for park tickets that include access to 6 parks and I’m only getting 5... are they going to refund me a 6th of my ticket cost?!
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

"Water Parks subject to rehabilitation, seasonal and weather closures."

Direct quote from Disney website...
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
In fairness to these people, Disney did originally officially announce that GE would open at WDW in "Late Fall 2019" (see here). This wasn't an "assumption".

Late Fall would imply sometime in the latter half of the Fall/Autumn period. Even if we assume Fall goes from late-August to late-December, then "late Fall" would be sometime after late October. Therefore the majority of people assumed it would probably open in early November at the earliest.

It was only in March this year that Disney then changed "Late Fall" to "August 29th". End of August is not late Fall no matter how much you spin it.
Its still an "assumption". No dates were announced. We all know dates can slip/change it just happens its the opposite. They can have half of the land ready in advance so why not open it and start getting their money back.

I'm sure there are also people who are annoyed they've brought opening forward as they've put of going till after it opens.

I'm going to be there for the opening 3 days in August. I'll just avoid the park unless it looks like I can get in super early on one of the days.

I wouldn't even be too concerned for September. Most people are predicting the rest of DHS will likely be ghost town soon after opening as will most of the other parks.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
mysteryjimbo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney_chick13 View Post
I for one am furious with Disney.

First they changed their “late fall” opening of GE so we are stuck with crowds we were trying to avoid... but these things happen so whatever...

Then they change the Hollywood Studios FastPass tiers... got mildly annoyed but again got over it!

Then with just 2/3 months to go they decide to shut one whole park?! The one my 3 year old was most looking forward too!

I understand for some it may not be a big deal but if I had known all this I would never have booked to go when we are.

They haven’t even given enough notice that we can change anything. I’ve paid for park tickets that include access to 6 parks and I’m only getting 5... are they going to refund me a 6th of my ticket cost?!
As I’ve said previously when we go there are restricted park operational hours and one water park open . I have paid exactly what you have paid so surely I should get the discounted ticket for all the reductions . This has happened for many years yet the tickets are no less to buy.

It’s low season and You will manage with one water park as everyone else seems to regardless of choice .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ticket prices are reduced for off peak seasons but not the U.K. 7/14/21 day 6 park ticket.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List