Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Why are people so mean?

Just that really...feel like I have to get it off my chest!

Two years ago I started a new job where my predecessor had been in the role for 30+ years. She retired and promised to come back at certain points during that first year to go through difficult processes with me. That never happened due to illness but despite the lack of help, everything at work has been going from strength to strength and I've had a lot of praise for bringing processes and other things up to date.

This woman now totally avoids me, and is just downright rude to me. We were both at an event today held at my workplace and there was an issue I was trying to resolve, and she and her friends all from church were gathering like vultures saying how they experienced the same problem last year etc etc.., she's just so mean.

It's like I swooped in and took the job off her, not that she voluntarily decided to retire, and take a fabulous package at that!

She's meant to be a devoted Christian lady but honestly I've never met someone so manipulative and horrible in all my life.

Anyway, just had to get it off my chest otherwise I feared not sleeping tonight!

Thanks for this wonderful space to allow us all to express our thoughts and feelings... roll on WDW the happiest place on earth!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’d bet she is peeved that you are doing the job so well and didn’t rely on her help. She will be secretly gutted that things are running smoothly without her. Rise above it and take it as a compliment
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Ah often self proclaimed Christian ladies can be cliquey and mean , just like any other clique .
In all honesty let them get on with it, you clearly have a happier and more fulfilling life than any of them !
You can't stop people behaving badly but you have complete control over how you react to it. You not reacting or responding as they are of no consequence is the thing guaranteed to hit them hardest !

The fact you clearly didn't need her when she let you down and are still doing the job as well if not better than her is clearly bugging her. We all like to think we are indespensible at work but the stark reality is few of us really are .

Edited at 08:37 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBeliever
Getting Excited

Mobile

Ignore her. Don’t let it bother you. Let her do her and you do you.
DisneyBeliever is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

People aren’t against you, they are for themselves
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

She probably thought she was indispensable and the workplace would really miss her when she left and her nose has been put out of joint because you are good at your job. Just ignore her - she’s not worth bothering about.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

She sounds very insecure and was probably hoping that others thought she was indispensable. Being retired she probably misses the feeling of being needed and has lost some of her sense of purpose. None of that is a reason for her attitude towards you though. Purposely being so rude and hurtful towards you is just downright nasty. Please try not to let her get to you.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Thanks for all your responses.. Dibbers are the best!

I know that it's probably annoyance she wasn't /isn't needed and perhaps some jealously and boredom, but it's just annoying she portrays herself as one image and very much acts anything but that in real life!

Nearly time for love island to cheer me up, it's silly but it's put a downer on my day which was going so well... anyway, I'm rising above it!

Thanks again everyone, big love 😀
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Tell your boss that she is disrupting your ability to work whenever she is in the office.

Tell them it's their choice either bar her from the workplace (which she has no need to go to) or you will find a job with another employer

Watch how quick she gets told not to come back - problem solved
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Just feel sorry for her , she sounds like she's struggling without the identity work gave her ... that's the really Christian thing to do ... plus it'll really annoy her . Glad you are feeling better about it x
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List