Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jul 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
It seems some people are as dismissive of non Disney holidays as their "friends" are of their Disney holidays.
I don't discuss my holidays with acquaintances and my friends are nice people and quite diverse with lots of differences. If they were rude about my choices (not just holidays) they wouldn't be friends , friends accept you differences and all.
the difference is that i keep my opinions to myself
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Most people in my life know that’s what I like to do so just expect me to be going. I do have one woman at work who depending on her mood will say things like “no not for me, sounds like hell” but she does it over the top of you when you are speaking to someone else about it because she doesn’t want to talk about it. I think what bothers me the most is if I done that to her about going camping she would go nuts.
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Yes! So I just don’t talk to them about it
Fortunately I also have friends/ colleagues that used to work at Disney so I can talk in detail to them about it so it balances out 😁
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

My friends understand my obsession with Florida and WDW, but my work colleagues think it's strange that adults without kids would go to Disney. when i say i am going to Florida, people assume it's just to the parks, they don't understand that there is more to Florida than WDW and Universal.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Yes and they really don't need to get it if it's not their thing. We all enjoy different things and that's great.
Old 14 Jul 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
Why do you care?

Why aren’t they allowed to share their opinion? They are friends after all if they can’t be honest with you and you with them what is the point.

Why do people on here hate European all inclusive holidays?

These are my questions every time I see this question come up. Oh and it’s rarely jealousy people have different tastes. I listen to my friends cruise stories with confusion as to how anyone can like cruising.
Cruising is awesome how can someone not like it? Visiting different places onboard activities. So much to do and see and a level of service you won't get anywhere else except top class hotels.

Which cruise have you been on?

Old 14 Jul 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My best friend is coming to Florida with us this summer. We are only going to Disney once...she’s opted to stay in the villa! Each to their own! She’s still my best friend!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Disney is the idea of hell for a friend as he hates crowds and heat. If the temperature is above 20 degrees he is uncomfortable.

Others who have never been to either Disney or Florida won't and cannot get it. For them, going to spend 2 weeks at Disney is as insane as it would be for me to stay for 2 weeks at Thorpe Park or Alton Towers. They have no idea of the size of WDW (love telling them it's roughly the size of San Francisco or the city of Paris itself and see the shocked look on their face ha ha), don't know about 4 parks and water parks, think the food is just burgers and nuggets, think it's just the castle, Mickey and only kiddie rides like in Fantasyland. That's it! So no wonder they think we're weirdos for going 🤣
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Cruising is awesome how can someone not like it? Visiting different places onboard activities. So much to do and see and a level of service you won't get anywhere else except top class hotels.

Which cruise have you been on?
I haven’t. I get sea sick so am not minded to try it. I don’t really like how cruise ships are detrimental to places like Venice etc but don’t condemn anyone who chooses to. All different afterall and the more people cruising would put your prices up 😁

My ideal holiday is exploring. I’m going to Thailand at Christmas and getting the sleeper train from bangkok to chaing mai, local buses and some internal flights to see the country probably Krabi, Koh Samui.

I like road trips/city breaks as well as I don’t really like to sit still for too long on holiday.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Even on here there's plenty of people who don't understand other's choices.
There's those for whom leaving the bubble is unimaginable , those who could never have one room but love a villa, those who think cruising is the bees knees and others who wouldn't dream of it, even those who see Miami flights as an opertunity to spend a few days exploring another part of Florida versus those who drive to Orlando the same day to avoid missing a few hours Park time, those who would never go for less than three weeks, those who wouldn't fly in the back of the bus and on ... and on.
For me I love reading reports where people have tried something new and what they thought , sometimes it confirms my thoughts that it wouldn't be for me , other times it has given me something to add to the mix in my own planning but inevitably there's always someone who posts "Oh we'd never do that" or who can't understand why someone would want to do something they don't do . Someone telling me that I won't have such a good holiday if I dont do it their way ... well isn't that just the same as those who don't get their way of holidaying , just because it's offsite or a cruise or Vero rather than Thailand or Marbs doesn't mean it's not the same mindset of "only my way is "right" ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List