Old 28 May 12, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
An Extra Plane Ticket Home For Fatty's Belly! May 2012

Hi welcome to my Food report from our time at OKW in May 2012. We had 14 days of free DDP. I haven't taken loads of the kids food photos as they would be repeated a lot! I also didnt always shove the camera in my inlaws food as I didn't think they'd like it! I hoped to have a few more pics but here are the results!

Find the main trip report Maybe Tantrums Definitley Tantrums HERE

Cast

Me, George, 35, chief Dibb planner on this trip. Aims are to do more in 24 hours than Jack Bauer and eat like Adam Richman throughout the stay.(I failed)

DW, Kelly, 35, person who’s really in charge, started her Garden Grocer shopping list eight months ago. Likes shopping. Has new suitcases sitting in the corner of the room 6 months early. Very concerned about bring one buggy or two for the girls. Slightly odd obsession with miniature versions of things to go on holiday , mini deodorant, mini toothpaste etc.

DD1, Evie Mae, 4, highly intelligent, super bright daughter number one. Potential to have lots of tantrums. When she wants to be, a little like Damian but we love her very much. Loves the princesess.

DD2, Lily Belle, 2, highly intelligent, super bright daughter number two. Potential to have lots of tantrums. Good at making things up. Tells people things, like she goes to ballet classes, she doesn’t.

DMIL, Marian, like her daughter loves a bit of shopping.

DFIL, Den, recently retired, likes buying odd things like torches and pens.

Goods To Go,Akershaus Princess Storybook Breakfast, Le Cellier in post 1
Leaning Palms Typhoon Lagoon, Planet Hollywood DTD
IHOP International Drive
Wolfgang Puck Express DTD and Goofy's Candy Co
Five Guys@Florida Mall, Ohana
Donald's Safari Breakfast@Tusker House
T-Rex Cafe@DTD
Ponderosa IDrive
CRT and Main Street Bakery
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Hollywood Brown Derby
Butterbeer,Captain America's Diner@IOA,Cape May Cafe Breakfast

Sleepy Hollow,Aloha Isle,Rainforest Cafe@DTD
Lottawatta Lodge@Blizzard Beach,1900 Park Fare
Cosmic Rays,Churro Snack Credit,Boulange Patisierre
T-Rex Cafe@DTD 2nd visit
Earl Of Sandwich, Goofy's Candy Co, Final Thoughts

Our first quick service meal was Goods To Go at OKW. Our first go with the dining plan. It was pretty simple although I found myself throughout the holiday at certain places having to prompt the servers to make sure we were given our full quota.

We had 4 adult c/s meals and 1 kids meal. I had the 1/3 Angus cheese burger and fries which was pretty good, Den the turkey sandwich, Kelly the tuna sandwich which they both enjoyed. Evie Mae had the kids hot dog while Marian and Lily Belle shared another adult hot dog. Our deserts were carrot cake, key lime pie, chocolate cake and rice crispy treat that were bagged and put in the fridge in the villa and forgotten about. It was a nice counter service option, eating while sitting outside on the benches. I'm not sure of the cost as the receipts all say zero as on the dining plan. I was hoping it would say the cost. I reckon it would have been about $55 or so.

Not many photos but I get better!

Next is Akershaus for The Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot. Pretty much straight in then to a photo with Belle. The girls didn't seem to notice it was a different one from yesterday! Shown to a nicely situated table, drink orders were taken and then we were told to help ourselves to the buffet before hot food, served table style would be brought out. The selection of pastries and fresh fruits etc was very nice. A few odd Norwegian things as well!

A little while later the hot food consisting of bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and potato casserole arrived which everyone enjoyed.

We also had a refill of everything brought later as well as drinks before even asking for them. Our photos came quickly with a receipt that I could use to add to my Photopass+ at a later date. Over the next half hour we had Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel and Snow White( who remembered the girls from yesterday which was nice) visit our table, pose for photos and sign autographs. Again all really nice. I know we are on the Dining Plan and I've read people say its a lot of money for what it is but we thought it was great and would have happily paid. Again receipt said zero but think it was around about $130 not including tip.

Next up is Le Cellier. We arrived about 10 minutes early. A few minutes wait before we were shown to our table. I had been really looking forward to this one and it was great. The sever explained what was what and said how you could have a few different drinks on the dining plan but they wouldn't be refills or you could have the coke products which would be refills. Kelly went different with a lovely strawberry milkshake that both girls also had. Den and Marian and I stuck to the coke products. Bread was brought out. I really liked the pretzel bread but wasn't to the others taste. Very salty.

Kelly had the mushroom risotto with fillet mignon which she thought was lovely.

Marian and Den went for NY strip steak( well done?!) with creamy mash potato. I also had the NY strip but a more suitably cooked medium rare. Was fantastic. One of the best steaks I've ever had.

The girls had cheese pizza which they didn't touch. To be honest it wasn't a patch on the cheese pizza Evie Mae had at Wolfgang Puck the night before. Again refills of coke were brought out without asking. For desert Kelly and I both had the chocolate moose which was nice but rich.

Den the cheesecake which he liked and Marian the maple creme brûlée which again she enjoyed. Nothing for Lily Belle and ice cream for Evie Mae.

Again I didn't check the receipt properly and my copy has zero as on the dining plan. All I can say is we paid $46 for tip and Lilly Belles which was oop. Nice friendly service. Den and Marian thought it was too dark though! Overall though really enjoyable.

More to follow later!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 136.jpg
Views:	25437
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	40831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 137.jpg
Views:	25526
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	40832   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 169.jpg
Views:	25475
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	40833   Click image for larger version

Name:	disney 2012 kelly 3 168.jpg
Views:	25463
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	40834  

Edited at 08:43 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List