Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Holdensccs
slightly serious Dibber

Wow, thanks for sharing your experiences. Our DD is currently on her 4th month of the program in F&B and having a ball
Holdensccs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Thanks for posting about your adventure . My dd is going to apply next year. We've just got back from a Disney cruise and she wants to apply there too, but you have to be 21 years old and she is only 18!

I was interested to read about your salary/tips etc. Hope those who don't tip read your thread too!
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’ve loved following your year on Insta. Massively enviable! Keep leaving your dream!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Thanks for posting, DD has applied 3 times and this year she's got through to the interview stage which she's extremely excited and nervous about. Going to show her all the info you posted.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
Mobile

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
Thanks for posting, DD has applied 3 times and this year she's got through to the interview stage which she's extremely excited and nervous about. Going to show her all the info you posted.
That’s great! Tell her not to give up

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What a fantastic post - I know everything you have shared will be an inspiration to so many who will want to follow in your footsteps.

Good luck in your new adventure but many thanks for sharing so much detail that will certainly give many the insight into such a fantastic time.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just found this thread.
My DS applied this year and was successful on his first attempt. He starts on August 26th.
Any advice would be fantastic please
Old 19 Jun 19, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

What a great experience! Thanks for sharing, now 11 years to convince my daughter to apply 😄
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
The information your gave it great but all that is on my mind now is how can US employers pay waiting staff so little and expect them to make the money on Tips. I think its a disgrace and a minimum wage should be a living wage regardless of tips. This is a but like the airlines who publish cheap prices but then expect you to pay for the carry on bag, they know you will as most people do and tipping is the same.
Fortunately its against the law in this country and hopefully that will not change. I want to tip someone when the service is good or excellent and not just because its expected.
Different customs in different countries and why the tip or not to tip discussion happens. Basically if you don't like the custom don't visit the country . Applies whether it's tipping or more seriously human rights issues in certain countries. It's a big world , lots of countries to choose from. At least with the US you can choose to avoid the custom by eating at quick service rather than resturaunts if it offends your sensibilities. What I find distasteful is those who know it's the custom but still eat in tippable settings and don't tip "because we don't do it at home" well you aren't AT home !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sweetemotion View Post
That’s great! Tell her not to give up
Thank you , she got the job and starts in Nov, she's beyond excited!
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List