General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 30 Jun 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

After a wander around and a lot of photos we looked for somewhere to eat. There was a lovely place in the centre at street level which was really busy but we both fancied a moussaka 😆 We walked up the road out of Pyrogos and went into Mythos taverna & grill. Didn't look much from the road but was again a lovely family run place. There was a huge table full of children chatting and eating tea. Looked like family or friends. All about 9 or 10 years old. After they had eaten they got up went inside and started traditional dancing together. Of course zorba the Greek came on and we were asked to join in along with some Japanese people. I was very bad at it after the wine but that night will stay with me a long time.
Old 30 Jun 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
We flew home from Santorini Thursday teatime BA to Heathrow. The owners at villa Clio phoned and booked a taxi for us for 2:15pm by 2:45 it still hadn't turned up. They were so apologetic and pretty cross with the taxi company they always use. Nicos was just loading our cases in his car to take us to the airport and it turned up. Took 20 mins to get to the airport. Santorini airport is errr compact! Like many Greek airports. We had to queue outside the terminal under a bit of a shelter in the baking heat until we were called into the air con terminal a few at a time. There's construction underway due to complete in 2021. They only have one plane in at a time at the moment. Sadly I fear a bigger airport may increase the numbers of people again. I nipped to the loo and found a travel pouch resting on the loo roll holder. Someone from Mexico (I think I only took a peak inside) had left travel documents and passport in the loo. Handed in to security hopefully it was reunited with its owner quickly. Again like other Greek airports you wait to check in your baggage and get boarding card if not already got. Here they weigh and tag your case it then has to go thro security at another area. You then have to go out of the building into the next door which brings you right back to where you just were😂 Through security control into a packed tiny area to join another long queue to go through passport control into one of two gates. The gate was the size of my lounge😂 So hopefully the building works will improve this. Called thro in groups to board but then to queue for the bus that literally drives round the plane infront of you 😜 About 30 mins late taking off due to them having to wait for the previous plane to land. We made good time back and landed 5 mins ahead of time.

Edited at 07:51 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

To sum up our trip we didn't have one cross word the whole time 👍 Just lots of giggles and memories made. We both loved different bits. Tracey's favourite was Mykonos and mine Naxos. We both loved the stunning hotel of Mykonos. It was very very hot low to mid 30s every day. Would I do this type of trip with my kids? Not a chance. Would I recommend it to my stressed out control freak sister not a cat in hells chance. She would never have coped with the heat, changing hotels and transport. Was my house in one piece on my return as I had left my nearly 20 year old and 16 year old together, yes it was. It was tidy but mucky the grass was long bins overflowing drains blocked but apart from a few messages of doom from the younger one not too bad. The dog pleased to see me the cat indifferent😆 Really not looking forward to going back to work but I so needed this break from everyone and everything. My batteries have been recharged and I'm still in love with Greece. We started talking about another trip, so maybe next year a different area.
Thanks for reading x
Old 30 Jun 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

All in it cost £750 each for 11 nights and I spent €600, a bargain I thought for what we did x
Old 2 Jul 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

it looked lovely but you have put me off Santorini - I cant stand people ! It reminded me of Dubrovnik when we visited in August beautiful place but just too many people and I had picked a date when not many cruise ships docked. Now need to persuade my lot to do Greece next year instead of back to Croatia!
Old 2 Jul 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
it looked lovely but you have put me off Santorini - I cant stand people ! It reminded me of Dubrovnik when we visited in August beautiful place but just too many people and I had picked a date when not many cruise ships docked. Now need to persuade my lot to do Greece next year instead of back to Croatia!
I went to Dubrovnik in September it was heaving but the walkways are wider so didn't feel as rammed as Santorini. The views of the Caladra are absolutely stunning and I'm glad I've been but it definitely hasn't been my favourite Greek island to date based purely on the volume of people.
Old 2 Jul 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
All in it cost £750 each for 11 nights and I spent €600, a bargain I thought for what we did x
Agreed. Memories like this are priceless. Never get enough time to cherish my friends in this way!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List