Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 May 12, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Ahhh, got ya! What time where you there Gary? We'd be there for 7.00ish on our way to the early park opening for Easter.
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 12, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Enjoying your food report - may hop over and read the full one next xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 12, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Five Guys, Florida Mall

I was always going to Five Guys for a burger. I heard really good reviews. It was right up there with the best burgers I've ever eaten. Me and Kelly both had a double cheese bacon burger with fries and a diet coke, Evie Mae had the little cheese bacon burger with fries and a milk. The cost was $33.51 after tax. So good. As I'm writing I'm dreaming of that burger. sorry only one photo.

Ohana
It was very busy but our pager went off 5 minutes early and we were led to a nice table and given the lovely bread straight away. Drinks orders were taken. Standard soft drinks for me and Den and the girls but Kelly and Marian went for Pink margarita super fruit cocktail. Kelly asked the sever if they were strong. He said no. He lied.

The salad and dipping sauces were soon brought out followed by the pot stickers and chicken wings which were all lovely. Next came the noodles and broccoli followed by the meat.

Chicken, pork, steak then the shrimp. It was all absolutely lovely. My favourite was the steak. The girls didn't each much and nor did Den who's a bit fussy. I think we're all full to bursting. They came round refilling drinks and offering more of anything at regular intervals. Next the desert of bread butter pudding and ice cream. Again it was lovely. It was a lot lighter than it looks.

We used 4t/s credits and 1 child c/s credit. We didn't pay for Lily Belle. The total cost with tax, drinks and tip would have been $226.51. Overall really pleased we went and would highly recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	disney 2012 kelly 1 547.jpg
Views:	3187
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	40906   Click image for larger version

Name:	disney 2012 kelly 1 529.jpg
Views:	3187
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	40907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 330.jpg
Views:	3184
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	40908  
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 12, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Great reviews
Old 29 May 12, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm really enjoying your reviews and photos, thank you!

If you liked Five Guys, you'll have to try Fuddruckers for their burgers next time - amazing and I'm not even a big burger fan!

WPE looks lovely!

Thanks for sharing.

Kate
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 12, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
wow ohanas looked awesome - great report thanks for sharing x

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 12, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Tusker House Donalds Breakfast Safari.

We only had a little wait for our ADR at Tusker House for Donald's Safari Breakfast. Our buzzer went off straight away and we got our picture with the main man Donald. (these photos were later delivered to our table, no charge because I purchased Photopass+ and they were also added to my card.)

We were shown to our table and were told Daisy, Mickey and Goofy would be round in 25 minutes giving us plenty of time to go to the buffet. Jungle Juice was brought out which was lovely.

The buffet selection was fantastic, hot, cold, fruit and pastries. I filled up on biscuits and gravy, tata totts, bacon, sausage, Mickey waffles and a delicious carved ham.

I squeezed in a couple of pastries as it would have been rude not too. It was all lovely and everyone had a good breakfast. Kelly had been waiting all holiday for Mickey waffles.

Daisy came round first, posed for photos and signed the autograph books. She was then followed by Mickey who also led a procession round the restaurant which the girls enjoyed. Last was Goofy who Lily Belle is scared off so she didn't want to know him! Overall a great place to go. It was around $135 including tip
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	disney 2012 kelly 1 800.jpg
Views:	2979
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	40921   Click image for larger version

Name:	disney 2012 kelly 1 801.jpg
Views:	2980
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	40922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 355.jpg
Views:	2970
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	40923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 350.jpg
Views:	3013
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	40924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 354.jpg
Views:	2997
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	40925  

gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 12, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
T-Rex Cafe.

I had made a telephone reservation for this about 6 months ago. I was a little worried about how noisy it was going to be after listening to what other people have said but it was like a library compared to Planet Hollywood. It was very crowded around the entrance and it looked like rain again so I hoped we didn't have to wait too long. Walk ups were being told 35 minutes but as I had made a reservation we waited around 3 minutes! (up to this point we have never waited more than a few minutes for any ADR.)

We were shown to a great booth opposite the giant aquarium. It was a really good location. Our server took our drink orders quickly. I again decided on some Buffalo wings to start while the others shared some bruschetta. The wings were so much better than the ones in Planet Hollywood. Much more fiery!

For our main meals, Kelly went for the Lasagne which she enjoyed although a bit rich after a while.

I had thought I would have the Boneyard buffet but my ribs at Planet Hollywood had put me off so I asked for the T-Bone. My sever suggested I have the NY strip steak as it was a nicer cut of meat. I was pleased I took his advice. Not as good as Le Cellier but still very nice. I had mine with waffle fries. My only criticism was it was on a tiny plate!

Den had a chicken dish and Marian a salmon dish. I forget the exact names but they both enjoyed theirs. For drinks it was the usual soft drinks but I shook things up a bit by having a Dr Pepper. The girls both had nuggets and fries.

For desert I had the Key Lime pie which was ok.

Marian and Kelly went for a chocolate layered thing I forget the name of which they both liked.

Den sat this one out and the girls had ice cream. T-Rex wouldn't be for everyone but we really enjoyed it. We used 4 c/s credits and 1 child c/s credit. Again I missed the exact total but we had to leave $65 for the appetisers, Lily Belles meal and tip.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 416.jpg
Views:	3070
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	40926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 417.jpg
Views:	3033
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	40927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 425.jpg
Views:	3033
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	40928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 426.jpg
Views:	3004
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	40929   Click image for larger version

Name:	disney 2012 kelly 1 1163.jpg
Views:	3073
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	40930  

Old 30 May 12, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Ponderosa Idrive

Ponderosa is weird. It was also dead inside. Order your food before you sit down, grumpy staff that assumed you know how things work and a really odd concoction of buffet items.

Marian and Den did theirs separately and to be fair their fish and chips looked ok.

We had a few strange combinations of buffet items before our mains arrived. I went for a T-Bone, really chewy. Not great.

Kelly had the sizzlin steak which she liked. Evie Mae and Lily Belle had hot dogs and fries which they barely touched after eating from the buffet. The others enjoyed the deserts as well but nothing really floated my boat. It cost $55.61 not including tip for 2 adults and 2 kids. So much for being cheap.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 494.jpg
Views:	3180
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	40931   Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney holiay 2012 497.jpg
Views:	3044
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	40932   Click image for larger version

Name:	disney 2012 kelly 1 1799.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	40933  
Old 30 May 12, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Ponderosa looks so drab. I remember it being like that when we went there. The food on offer was a bit of a dismal selection.

Love the look of that Five Guys burger though!
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List