Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerbelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Tip for leaving the house with kids and their toys.

I have just been onto eBay and bought this job lot of teddy bear T-shirts

It doesn’t matter what the colour but light colours work best.

The top two tops in this picture won’t work for this but the bottom 4 will and they were £3.50 for the lot of 6 including postage so I’m not complaining and as my youngest son loves pink I am sure he will be happy for his bestie to have a new pink jumper too.

TWICE my son has lost his beloved duck Tig and we have been extremely lucky that twice we have managed to get him back. We no longer take chances so I buy teddy bear T-shirts and when the children take their toys out of the house they have to put a shirt on them and on the front of that shirt, written in black sharpie “I belong to _____ if found please call ____ “ - for any time we are on holiday they also have our address on as well.

This is also helpful with younger kids because you can teach them that if they get lost, find a lady or someone in a uniform and show them Teddies shirt, which has your contact details on it.

As a result of our experiences we now have 4 “Tig”s, 3 mini Tigs and 3 mini mini (all with their own names) this because my son decided to start a sanctuary and buys them from eBay thinking they are Tigs long lost siblings that are lost and need a home so trust me even when you get them back the scars never fully heal - he’s 8 now and he the last time he lost Tig he was 4 but it was for over a week and it was the worst week of his life! When he feels anxious that he’s going to loose Tig he takes one of the other ducks with him when he goes out because a duck goes everywhere, even to school hidden in his bag

Old 20 Aug 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Great idea!
Old 20 Aug 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

My girls have had Duffy teddies for years that go everywhere with them. We’re currently in the car to Scotland and every stop we make I ask if we have two children and two Duffys in the car.

We bought some labels for school clothes etc and they’re sticky ones that go on tags. You can fit three lines of text on them so we have name, first line of address and postcode and then phone number on them. Each Duffy has one of these attached to him. When the girls were younger we bought bracelets like this which they wore in the parks in case they went missing. Now they don’t need them, Duffy wears them.

Edited at 12:14 PM.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkyoshi
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Oh your son is so sweet! That’s so lovely that he thinks they’re siblings that are lost and he’s started a sanctuary ❤️ I’m sorry he feels anxious about losing them though. I still have my bunny from when I was born and don’t take him anywhere as I worry about losing him!
pinkyoshi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List