Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jul 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We did 2 nights at Portofino Bay in the middle of our 14 days at SSR, simply because it was something we decided to do later in the planning.

We got a 6am taxi to PBR and checked in, sorted early entry and FOLP, dropped our case, grabbed breakfast at Starbucks and were at the park gates 7.45

Yes, it meant we were essentially paying for 2 hotels at once. But we got the Magic Express both ways, and we got two full days at Universal including early opening.

It also meant we could do more Signature meals at WDW as we could juggle the credits. We did 5 Signatures which was excellent.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

Originally Posted by diamondgal View Post
Thanks so much everyone. You’ve definitely given me food for thought. This is the first time taking my kids without my late husband and I miss having that other person to bounce ideas off of.

I definitely think I need to add at the beginning but I’m just looking at the Universal website trying to decide the best way of booking. At present I have a Disney package booked with free DDP including 14 night passes, so I’m not sure if I can amend it without losing something like my free DDP.
Thanks again
Bless you. Although its a different situation It's the 1st time I'll be taking my children on my own too as my ex and I separated last november. Mine are 19, 18, 10 and 8 atm , so my older 2 boys help me with the disney decisions now. I don't drive, so we are trying to keep it as easy and simple as possible.

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Next year, we have booked 2 nights endless summers to avoid wasting express pass on arrival day, then we will transfer to RPR for one night (and hence 2 days of folp) before moving over to cbr for 11 nights. We intend to use Uber as I hear it’s straight forward to do and reasonably priced. Just a thought... as you already have beach club booked, do you collect Tesco clubcard vouchers? Lots of people seem to use these to pay towards a universal stay - it might be less ‘painful’ to use these if you end up having to pay for a universal stay whilst being checked in to Beach Club.
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

More options: It will cost you £50 to adjust your beach club nights. Another option is do a day trip to universal and pay for FOLP. You need to crunch the numbers to work out what is best.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List