Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jul 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Good to see you're going Penguin. Those were crazy days back when the whole OPR closure etc were announced - ha 😂

I see you're doing a Disney Magic cruise too. We did a Disney Magic European cruise a couple of years ago & loved it 😎
Yep! All that time spend emailing and ringing Disney - how I would love a $75 dollar a night giftcard now, haha! We do have DDP though which is a 1st for us (we used the giftcard from that trip on lots of the disney foods and snacks and got hooked!)

Yes - we are both celebrating our 30th this year so we have gone all our with Disney.

We head to DLP for a few days before our cruise and we have already done Disneyland California this year too!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimmy Mac
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Hope that everyone who's going soon has an amazing time!
Less than 3 months for us now after a 2.5 year break - can't wait to see it all again
We're the same heading over the start of October after a two year break getting to the stage i cant stop thining about it now
Jimmy Mac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We’re here 😊 . Love the resort and not bothered in the slightest we’re in Aruba 52 rather than the Jamaica 43 I requested. Got a great room overlooking some gardens and got my main request which is ground floor so I’m happy and kids happy as we’ve got a coke freestyle machine a 10 second walk from the room.

Food court is great, it does get really noisy in there even when it isn’t that busy so may sit outside tomorrow morning which will be nice. They’re blocking off some paths by us as they’re digging them up but presume will only be for a few days before they move on to another area.

Loving it so far 😊 .

Eta the skyliner goes straight over our building and it’s completely silent which was surprising.

Edited at 11:02 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Can't believe it was well over two years ago I was checking this thread four or five times a day! We booked for CBR september 2017 and Disney upgraded us to Saratoga springs instead which we really loved.

Fast forward to 2018 April time and my Mum decided she wanted to treat us all (I have two brothers with a child each) to Florida for her 50th birthday which is October 16th.

She's booked for us all to finally have our CBR holiday... so there'll be

Mum 50
Dad 53
Big brother Chris 32
His wife Bev 32
Their daughter my niece Olivia 7
Me! Lou turned 30 in April
My partner John 31
Our son James 6
My younger brother Nic aged 29
His daughter faith 9

We are so excited!
Mum, dad, myself John and James have been but the other guys are total newbies and some have never been to America before (or on a long haul flight)

Hopefully the kids all get on! Lol
Mum upgraded our rooms to preferred rooms too!

Just can't wait for that 5am wake up call on travel day.

Just to add
Myself an John are doing DLP run Disney weekend in September too so just the two of us 5 days in DLP with our running club. Eek! Busy months ahead! Xx
louiseybobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
We’re here 😊 . Love the resort and not bothered in the slightest we’re in Aruba 52 rather than the Jamaica 43 I requested. Got a great room overlooking some gardens and got my main request which is ground floor so I’m happy and kids happy as we’ve got a coke freestyle machine a 10 second walk from the room.

Food court is great, it does get really noisy in there even when it isn’t that busy so may sit outside tomorrow morning which will be nice. They’re blocking off some paths by us as they’re digging them up but presume will only be for a few days before they move on to another area.

Loving it so far 😊 .

Eta the skyliner goes straight over our building and it’s completely silent which was surprising.
Hi macadoo, so glad you’re loving it so far & got your ground floor room.
Good to hear that they Skyliner is silent too.
Hope you have a great holiday 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Can't believe it was well over two years ago I was checking this thread four or five times a day! We booked for CBR september 2017 and Disney upgraded us to Saratoga springs instead which we really loved.

Fast forward to 2018 April time and my Mum decided she wanted to treat us all (I have two brothers with a child each) to Florida for her 50th birthday which is October 16th.

Mum 50
Dad 53
Big brother Chris 32
His wife Bev 32
My partner John 31
Our son James 6
His daughter faith 9

We are so excited!
Mum, dad, myself John and James have been but the other guys are total newbies and some have never been to America before (or on a long haul flight)

Just to add
Myself an John are doing DLP run Disney weekend in September too so just the two of us 5 days in DLP with our running club. Eek! Busy months ahead! Xx
So glad you’ve booked to go to CBR. It really is a lovely resort, I really like the new changes, I wasn’t sure if I would as I loved the old CBR, but they’ve done a really good job. 😊

I remember you from those threads 2 years ago, I think we were all on here all the time checking for updates and what everyone else had been offered - ha 😆
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post

Mum 50
Dad 53
Big brother Chris 32
His wife Bev 32
My partner John 31
Our son James 6
His daughter faith 9

We are so excited!

Just to add
Looks like we’ll be there at the same time 😊 what an eye opener for the newbies! It will be great for you to see it all through their eyes!
Hope everything goes well for you 👍
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

How nice that this thread is still going, over 2 years on! We too were destined for Caribbean Beach in 2017, but ended up at Port Orleans French Quarter, which we LOVED.

So this year, at the beginning of December, we are FINALLY heading to Caribbean Beach for the first time - I can't wait, it sounds like a lovely resort now!
Old 30 Jul 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
How nice that this thread is still going, over 2 years on! We too were destined for Caribbean Beach in 2017, but ended up at Port Orleans French Quarter, which we LOVED.

So this year, at the beginning of December, we are FINALLY heading to Caribbean Beach for the first time - I can't wait, it sounds like a lovely resort now!
This was similar to us... booked for October 2017 and then found out about all of the building works so switched to POFQ which wasn’t originally a resort we wanted to visit, but we absolutely loved it. But we do feel cbr is a ‘scratch’ that needs ‘itching’ so we’ve booked for next year ...very excited
Old 31 Jul 19, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Does anyone have an quick service credit using tips? We leave Saturday and currently still have 61 meals and 59 snacks left 😳 I know we can change them all to snack credits and being sweets back but I think we’d use all our weight limit with that many sweets 🤣
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List