Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Aug 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile Gatwick Airport strikes 10th August ?

Just read on an add on Google news page that gatwick airport security/baggage crew are striking on the 10th August for 48 hours...
Does anyone else have any info on this, as this is the first I have heard of this.
Been up to date with all the Heathrow and BA strike issues and had no idea about this one. And guess what it's on the the days we fly out of gatwick 😞.
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah we fly the 10th. Don’t know what it means yet. I’ve tweeted the airport but no response.

I’m up for going hand luggage only. DH not too sure
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
shearwood
Excited about Disney

yep just seen it on BBC , we fly into gatwick at 4am on 11th, wonder if it affects incoming flights
shearwood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mickee
Apprentice Imagineer

Just been on Twitter LGW response is no staff are striking. Will remain to be seen I guess. Seems as if all anyone wants to do is strike x
- 1999 lake buena vista, 2001 lindifields villa, 2010 bridgewater crossing,2013 sandy ridge, 2014 extended stay america, 2015 westridge manors north, 2017 southern dunes villa, 2018 calabay Parc villa.

trip report= https://DIBB.in/12468393
mickee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mickee
Apprentice Imagineer

Apparently the security are not employed by Gatwick but an outside agency so it's down to them not Gatwick.
This is LGW stance on the situation not mine xx
- 1999 lake buena vista, 2001 lindifields villa, 2010 bridgewater crossing,2013 sandy ridge, 2014 extended stay america, 2015 westridge manors north, 2017 southern dunes villa, 2018 calabay Parc villa.

trip report= https://DIBB.in/12468393
mickee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickee View Post
Apparently the security are not employed by Gatwick but an outside agency so it's down to them not Gatwick.
This is LGW stance on the situation not mine xx
Yeah I saw. Weasel words. Them not you

Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Think it'll be yet another waiting game.

But hopefully by the sounds of it, if its not all gatwick Airports employees, and just the ones from icts(?), then maybe its easier for the icts to find replacement cover for those striking. Well that's my hope anyway. I suppose worst case will be a delay...

It's just crazy the amount of strikes that are going on this summer. Thought I'd managed to escape the ba and Heathrow ones on my dates, then this, and my folks fly out a week and a half later than us with ba so they may well get caught with the ba strike too... 😞

Feel for everyone that has holidays/travel booked and are anxiously waiting.
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by shearwood View Post
yep just seen it on BBC , we fly into gatwick at 4am on 11th, wonder if it affects incoming flights
Yes because there be no one to unload the plane unless they pull in outside staff or mangers ect do it.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
Yeah I saw. Weasel words. Them not you

It isn’t really weasel words, it is a clarification. Gatwick staff are not striking, seems reasonable that they would want to make that distinction.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Yes because there be no one to unload the plane unless they pull in outside staff or mangers ect do it.
It's not the loaders striking so why wouldn't planes be unloaded, it is the baggage screening staff, it may result in delay's to people's suitcases clearing security screening.

Edited at 09:16 AM.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List