Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 3 Aug 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Supermarket Christmas hours?

We are landing in Tampa on Christmas Eve around 6pm and will need to get some groceries as we are staying in a villa. Are any stores open Christmas Eve in the evening? We will need enough supplies to get us through to Boxing Day when the big stores reopen. I'm assuming nothing will be open on Christmas Day
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I know Walmart Aldi Target and Winne Dixie shut at 6pm Christmas Eve
CVS and Walgreens and 7/11 stores are open later you will get basic supplies in them
If you know the villa you are going to you too can you ask if the Management company can do a grocery pack or accept an online delivery for you and put it in the villa
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks, will ask about groceries to the villa. That's good that Walgreens etc are open - hopefully can find enough in there to last us until 26th.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

MY experience in several places other than Florida is CVS will be open Christmas Day. They may have shorter hours but I've picked up many a gallon of milk on Christmas Day there (they may also have half priced merchandise for sale.)

Our locaL groceries are open for a few hours, usually Christmas morning.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

We found in the tourist area (I drive) that CVS /Walgreens we’re open for a couple of hours, the restaurants along there also opened after 5pm, but we travelled towards the coast, and nothing was open.
Petrol stations on the way to Orlando from Tampa, might also have the basics in for you

Before you travel, have a look at opening times for the stores and restaurants, then you can maybe formulate a plan of action.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

People have talked about personal shoppers - have never used them but some on the DIBB get really glowing reviews. as it's Xmas eve I'd be tempted to get a personal shopper to get a few days of food delivered to you for arrival.