Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Aug 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Great to hear everyone’s view - money and value mentioned a few times. This wasn’t something that I mentioned in my original post as it never crossed my mind. I agree about the rides - I enjoyed the ones I did - though r & r coaster was better and the Indiana coaster was really good. Ultimately I wasn’t keen on the vibe. I can’t put my finger on it. Fast pass situation was my biggest bugbear though. Yes I’m sure at quieter times it may be better. Disneyland park was pretty. I see a lot of work happening and the New York hotel looks like it will be amazing

Edited at 07:18 AM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We love Disney Paris even though we have been to Florida. I love that it an hours time difference and travelling isn’t so long. It still feels like Disney to us.
Maybe Paris just isn’t for you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
We love Disney Paris even though we have been to Florida. I love that it an hours time difference and travelling isn’t so long. It still feels like Disney to us.
Maybe Paris just isn’t for you.
Dlp Maybe ... loved Paris itself though
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Disney Studios is a letdown currently, there's no denying. But as PP said, the Star Wars and Frozen expansion should make it a full day park.

Yes there is smoking - if Brits weren't so hung up on passive-aggressive tutting, rather than notifying cast members, then more may be done about it.

The whitened-teeth-smile of Florida customer service is not to be expected in DLP. As Gill H has said, customer service is a somewhat more reserved affair, but we've had some great CM interactions in our time and usually augmented with un peu de Français (well, it would work for me if having to constantly think which language I need to use to connect with a guest, for once that guest said 'hello', 'please', 'thank you' or 'you rock!' in my own language!)

I prefer the paper Fastpasses - feeling compelled to plan my WDW holiday using MDE really grinds my gears. The paper FP means you rock up, you get a ticket and you ride later. Easy enough.

I don't understand the disapproval or disdain some folk hold for DLP, but it may lie in the misplaced thinking that DLP and WDW are clones of each other, or maybe even a form of snobbery? Not that it's evident on this thread.

We'll be in DLP next week, spending half days in the park and then back to Davy Crockett Ranch for swimming and barbecues. It's an entirely different holiday to any other, including WDW, but the magic is definitely there.

Edited at 07:36 AM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I love DLP, have been there several times and always stay at Sequoia Lodge. The parks are great, all close to the hotels and I like having a wander through Disney Village.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have had lots of great visits to DLP. It is a short break rather than a full holiday. Last time the Studios were probably only a half day but once all the investment has been made it will be vastly improved. To me the Park is no different to MK, lots of the rides are actually much better. The only thing I didn’t care for is the character meets. The queues were so long. We only met Mickey and Minnie and that was because we had the Lineberty app in the Studios and could book a time. I understand the characters spend a lot of time with guests but we don’t really want that, all I want is a hello, photograph and off you go ! The food was good in our experience last year. I am an avid anti smoker and I can honestly say even the smoking wasn’t a problem. I barely noticed it.
As Gill says a little rusty school French also goes a long way with CM’s too.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I've been to Florida quite a few times now. I went to DLP when I was younger but I couldn't really remember much of it. Last year we decided to go to DLP in November for the Christmas events. I honestly had such low expectations because I thought I'd be comparing it to Florida but how wrong was I. When we first walked in the Christmas parade had just started and it was actually snowing for 3 days we was there it was brilliant. A lot of the rides feel more modern than Magic Kingdom especially Space Mountain and Pirates Of The Caribbean. Remys restaurant was also really nice.

They are both completely different parks but I love them both.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hate it... there said it...

Would I go back, only if I was forced too and someone else was paying. Overpriced and underwhelming for me

Edited

I went the year it opened and then a few times afterwards usually on our way back from camping trips in France. Having read the thread, maybe I should give it another go, but it seems very expensive for what it is

Edited at 08:00 AM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've been fortunate enough to visit all 6 resorts around the world and can honestly say that DLP ranks at the bottom.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The Fastpass system is the same one that loads of WDW visitors still wish they had!

It’s all in the planning. If you get there for the beginning of EMT you can ride big queue-ers such as Peter Pan, Buzz and even now Big Thunder, without needing a Fastpass at all. Similarly in Studios you can walk on to Ratatouille with no Fastpass if you get there for EMT.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List