Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Aug 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

No excuse for dirty toilets! If your toilets are dirty what on earth is your kitchen like! 🤢
We are a family of 5 with 3 males! So I do feel like I am constantly cleaning toilets but it doesn’t take any effect if you keep on top of it.
When we had our extension done the builder asked to use the toilet. About 30 mins later he came to me and said ‘sorry, you have no toilet brush so I could not clean my mess!’
At least he warned me, it was like he had a poop fight in there!
I don’t have toilet brushes, they go through me! Oh the germs !
I have one of those paper duck things that flush away after use. There is always bleach in the unit but he must not have looked in there lol
I like a shiny pan so I clean then buff to a high shine lol

When we first moved in the downstairs cloakroom had a penny or something at the bottom of the pan and it had rusted, it looked like someone had not flushed properly even though it was clean the rust would not go away so the first thing we did was to replace the toilet. They are so cheap, there is just no need for nastiness.

And don’t get me started on wooden toilet seats! We once had a family member who had one and there must have been a tiny spilt underneath and it had swelled and stained yellow with the pee pee!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
No excuse for dirty toilets! If your toilets are dirty what on earth is your kitchen like! 🤢
We are a family of 5 with 3 males! So I do feel like I am constantly cleaning toilets but it doesn’t take any effect if you keep on top of it.
When we had our extension done the builder asked to use the toilet. About 30 mins later he came to me and said ‘sorry, you have no toilet brush so I could not clean my mess!’
At least he warned me, it was like he had a poop fight in there!
I don’t have toilet brushes, they go through me! Oh the germs !
I have one of those paper duck things that flush away after use. There is always bleach in the unit but he must not have looked in there lol
I like a shiny pan so I clean then buff to a high shine lol

When we first moved in the downstairs cloakroom had a penny or something at the bottom of the pan and it had rusted, it looked like someone had not flushed properly even though it was clean the rust would not go away so the first thing we did was to replace the toilet. They are so cheap, there is just no need for nastiness.

And don’t get me started on wooden toilet seats! We once had a family member who had one and there must have been a tiny spilt underneath and it had swelled and stained yellow with the pee pee!
I'm doomed I tell you, doomed! I have a loo brush and a wooden seat.
I do keep the loo spotless though!
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I have a loo brush in my toilet, but my wife uses a disposable pad thing on a plastic stick in her loo (waste of money in my opinion- she won't listen). I put my brush in the loo and bleach it, so the brush and loo get a bleaching at the same time (up there for thinking and down there for dancing).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I used to struggle with toilet brushes until someone gave me the tip of having the toilet brush holder 1/2 full with bleach/water mix. It works so well and my toilet brushes still look brand new and totally clean.
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I used to struggle with toilet brushes until someone gave me the tip of having the toilet brush holder 1/2 full with bleach/water mix. It works so well and my toilet brushes still look brand new and totally clean.
See I have a thing about toilet brushes being disgusting ever since moving into a rental flat and there was a loo brush left in the bathroom. Got it out the give the loo a clean and it was totally encrusted with poop. Never been able to own one since!
So maybe I need to get over my aversion of them and try that.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
MH is this about you being on Dragons Den last week?
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
I'm doomed I tell you, doomed! I have a loo brush and a wooden seat.
I do keep the loo spotless though!
This made me laugh out loud, my husband has just given me the strangest look as to why I am laughing at my phone 😂😂
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by voicon View Post
MH is this about you being on Dragons Den last week?
The funny that is that I have a really good idea to clean toilets which is also very environmentally friendly. If I actually got my rear in gear I could be a millionaire like Del and Rodney.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
The funny that is that I have a really good idea to clean toilets which is also very environmentally friendly. If I actually got my rear in gear I could be a millionaire like Del and Rodney.
Best Episode when they became Millionaires after finding The Lesser pocket watch, seen every episode over and over and still laugh!
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Best Episode when they became Millionaires after finding The Lesser pocket watch, seen every episode over and over and still laugh!
My favourite was the batman and robin episode.

I can't watch them anymore as I'm bored stiff after all these years of seeing the same repeats.