Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

I have done as they are usually 3 for 2 or something like that in Superdrug and I think my dd and I were going to stop overnight watching a show and didn’t want to be lugging heavy stuff round with us. But then what I’ve done is keep the bottles and just top them up with our usual shower gel/shampoo/conditioner whenever we do overnight stays now. Same with hotel toiletries. Used to get really annoyed at DH doing a Ross and collecting the hotel toiletries to bring home but now I keep them for when we go away overnight or short trips and again too the bottles up with my own products when they run out.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I love the little travel-sized bottles of shampoo, shower gel! I bought a travel sized Aussie shampoo just to try it out before I committed to a full size bottle.

Normally for traveling I just use the 100ml refillable bottles though...
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
We do bring to Florida (in our suitcases) our own deodorant sprays, shower gels, toothpaste, toilet rolls, bum wipes, washing machine pods, dishwasher tablets, teabags, cereals and this year I will be bringing costa filter coffee

We do twilight check in, so we just keep the remains of toiletries and throw them in the bin.
No no no not toilet rolls please!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
No no no not toilet rolls please!
Why not they are light enough and we have loads of room in the cases, and I want soft andrex on my rear not the overpriced rubbish from walmart.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I agree on the loo roll thing, if you have room, its hardly hard to put a couple in your suitcase.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I agree on the loo roll thing, if you have room, its hardly hard to put a couple in your suitcase.
Just a couple, I will be bringing about a dozen (4 people for 15 nights - and I never skimp on my wipes).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I thought UK toilet paper was problematic for the US plumbing system due to it being much thicker than US loo roll? Sure I've seen villa owners post about it in the past.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
We have only ever flown from Gatwick to MCO or Tampa, so only use Heathrow for local flights (like BA flights we have booked next year to Spain).

Although the cab takes about an hour door to door to Gatwick, we wouldn't risk the journey the same morning as the flight just in case.
Oh that reminds me I need to book a cab to Gatwick, we have to be there at 5:40am. Oh great we need to be up by 4am, who’s stupid idea was that? It was mine!
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Oh that reminds me I need to book a cab to Gatwick, we have to be there at 5:40am. Oh great we need to be up by 4am, who’s stupid idea was that? It was mine!
Stay at gatwick the night before and that saves the hassle. No way would I want to be up at 4am, it would hardly be worth going to bed.
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I also thought that villa owners do not allow or want people using toilet roll from the Uk as their systems can’t cope with it and it clogs the pipes .
Wouldn’t want a hefty bill to have to pay if you block up the drainage system !
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List