Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Aug 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have checked in online with alamo and have received email confirmation of this. But the skip the counter part fails. On laptop I get a message about technical difficulties, on my phone I see a get request error.
Anyone else having this difficulty?
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida_2012 View Post
We have checked in online with alamo and have received email confirmation of this. But the skip the counter part fails. On laptop I get a message about technical difficulties, on my phone I see a get request error.
Anyone else having this difficulty?
Hi 2012, Skip's only necessary if you want to enter cc details, your OLCI paperwork holds the required bar code to head straight to garage.

Apologies for teaching you to suck eggs if you've tried the following, if not give it a go:

Log back into Alamo (click on OLCI even tho you've completed), minimise that page, do not close it, open THIS Skip link, it should open with your details pre-filled, complete for Skip. HTH
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
TheCooks
Trying for More Ears

That worked for me ChrisS, thank you.

I rang Alamo for help and they said it was not possible?
TheCooks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheCooks View Post
That worked for me ChrisS, thank you.

I rang Alamo for help and they said it was not possible?
It's a workaround the layman has down to a fine art TheCooks, hence why Alamo may not know about it
Old 22 Aug 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Reed
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I've tried to login to my booking through the Virgin Online Check-in page, but, after clicking the submit button, the page just reloads with no error displayed. I booked a flights and car package through Travelplus and clicked through to the Alamo site via my booking on travelplus.virginatlantic.com. Neither the 7-digit booking reference or the airline reference work.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
Reed is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Reed View Post
I've tried to login to my booking through the Virgin Online Check-in page, but, after clicking the submit button, the page just reloads with no error displayed. I booked a flights and car package through Travelplus and clicked through to the Alamo site via my booking on travelplus.virginatlantic.com. Neither the 7-digit booking reference or the airline reference work.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
Try the references you have via THIS link? Alamo's specific confirmation is usually on the paperwork, if not, and other references don't work contact Virgin.
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Reed

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Try the references you have via THIS link? Alamo's specific confirmation is usually on the paperwork, if not, and other references don't work contact Virgin.
Thanks Chris. It turns out the site doesn't work well with Macs, for some unknown reason. I was able to login on my iPhone and was told that it should work fine on Windows also.
Reed is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
The Dog

I like the sound of going straight to garage completely missing the hard sell at the desk. Is there an option for adding an additional driver and are you automatically enrolled for sunpass on the toll roads? Apologies if this has been answered before as I only joined the dibb yesterday. Thanks in advance.
The Dog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
I like the sound of going straight to garage completely missing the hard sell at the desk. Is there an option for adding an additional driver and are you automatically enrolled for sunpass on the toll roads? Apologies if this has been answered before as I only joined the dibb yesterday. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the DIBB

I can't answer about adding drivers I'm afraid but Sunpass is automatic if you drive through a Sunpass lane without stopping . Nothing to sign up to and nothing to switch on.

This may have been posted before in the last few hundred posts but all explained here.

sunpass/en/tolls/rentalVehicles.shtml

You might be interested in this though which is getting good reviews at the minute. If you're into MCO this is free of admin charges at the minute.

visitortollpass/

Mick
Old 11 Sep 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

When you complete the online check in which you need to do for skip the counter and go straight to the garage. It always ask for additional driver. At this point it will change you unless it’s included in your included in your booking. Then as you exit the Gareth you have to show yours and any additional driver licenses. Last time we went we had 3 cars in the party and we all insured on each car so when we exited the garage we just went behind each other and they lady went down the lien collecting everyone licenses
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List