Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

What she is doing is illegal. There are people desperate for homes, and their is a lack of available properties because people think it’s ok to “work the system” . I could understand her not giving up the house in case new relationship didn’t work, but this has been a long time. I would speak to the council, and not have any qualms. People get away with things because others think it’s not their business.
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
yes I do agree with you - I know that everyone is correct. Thank you
I can understand your reluctance to report her, you are probably thinking that you may be wrong on her scamming the benefits system as you are honest
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlando Soon View Post
What she is doing is illegal. There are people desperate for homes, and their is a lack of available properties because people think it’s ok to “work the system” . I could understand her not giving up the house in case new relationship didn’t work, but this has been a long time. I would speak to the council, and not have any qualms. People get away with things because others think it’s not their business.
exactly thats why I have left it for so long really - perhaps longer than I should have done.
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

she's probably moving the bins to try and keep up pretence that she's there.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Going back to your damp patch. Ask the landlady for their insurance details and tell her you wish to contact them and claim on it. Perhaps that might get her worried about the state of her place.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by justacey View Post
Going back to your damp patch. Ask the landlady for their insurance details and tell her you wish to contact them and claim on it. Perhaps that might get her worried about the state of her place.
Thats a good idea thank you
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sounds like benefit fraud - it sickens me as they're not only content with getting a 'paid for life' once - they want it twice. Ring the benefits agency.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Diinky
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
I have an interesting dilemma with my neighbour (who I have mentioned before on here). She's been next door to me for 6/7 years and about 2 years ago she met her current partner.

About 12 months ago she 'moved out' and moved in with her boyfriend. Brilliant you would say. However, She has kept this house on and she isn't living there. Now I know she is a single mum and does not work and is on benefits. I know this from her phone calls to the council (about her housing benefit being late into her bank) outside her back door on her once a fortnight visits to put her bins out the front... (which then dont get brought in for another fortnight - she just changes which bin is out the front!)

Now it doesn't take a genius to work out what is happening. I didn't think anything of it at first as I didnt blame her for keeping it on if she was unsure about her moving but now there is damp coming through the walls in our bedroom, her grass is left like a jungle most the summer, her smoke alarm goes off in the night occassionally, and the house really does look disgusting and its not nice living next to it. Her landlady does know the situation (that she's not there) and has no intention of doing anything about it which I find shocking really.

Tbh we are fed up - she brags about going on holiday to Bangkok and to America (something we have to save up hard for), but leaves the house a dump and is obviously not hard up!

Now a disclaimer here - I feel uncomfortable even asking really as I feel awkward - and I appreciate some may tell me to mind my own business we are just sick and tired of the mess (we cleared up her back yard - shared - as it was full of cigarette butts and weeds)

Dob her in, hard working people like us are keeping these scroungers! I know people like this and it really gets my back up.
Diinky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

If she were taking £500+ a month from your bank account you would report it, just because she is taking from the taxes of every working person in the country does not excuse her behaviour (infact I think it makes it worse), it is definitely YOUR business, so please report her.

There are plenty of people who genuinely need help and assistance that don't get because people like this lady are fleecing the system.

I would also use the request for insurance details from the landlord (although this maybe void as the property has been left unoccupied, no doubt without informing them). Also, please ensure you report the landlord too, if she/he is aware and is not reporting it them they too are committing fraud.

Edited at 07:52 PM.
DisneyWannabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If the landlord knows this is happening and the benefits situation I would be mentioning this when I report it.

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List