Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Sep 05, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
school changed school holidays for next aug, whats begining of july like

hi, we have booked for the 21 aug next year, becouse where we live is hosting the golf next year, the school has changed the holiday times in the summer holidays, they now break up early but also go back early, it means that they will miss more school if we go when planned, has anyone been around the 12 july or the end of aug and can tell us what the difference is, we are worried that it will be a lot more crowded at the begining of july than the end of aug, any advice greatly appreciated as we dont know what to do for the best susie

susie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 05, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post

The Florida kids are still on school holiday then afaik, so you will have them in the parks with you...I imagine it will be considerably busier

For 2005 Sehlinger rates the "busy-ness" of the parks an 8 (out of 10) from June 11th through to August 7th apart from July 2nd, 3rd and 4th which get a 9. From August 7th it quickly drops down through the busy-ness numbers to a 4 by the end of the month.

8 is described as "Very crowded. Expect waits of 80 mins or more at headliner attractions and 45 mins or more at major attractions." 4 is described as "Moderately busy. Crowds primarily affect headliner attractions."
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 05, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

We were there for the first 3 weeks in July this year.
Yes it was hot, yes it was humid and yes it was crowded. However it wasn't as bad as I had been expecting from some of the dire warnings on this and other forums and we still managed to do pretty much everything we wanted.
It all depends on your expectations, we went prepared for crowds, so were able to cope with them. If you plan well, use Fastpass and are prepared to wait in line, then the parks are do-able.
I'd go back in July again, but it wouldn't be my first choice. However for the sake of having 3 weeks it was worth it.
Old 2 Sep 05, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelle27
Imagineer

Chelle27's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went on 16th July this year. It was very hot and humid - the crowds at the park were a lot better than I was expecting. Make sure you're there early to do the 'big' rides first. The only problem we came across was in MK during the parades when there were LOADS of people - far too many! It must have been OK cos we have booked for July next year - well 29th July!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/OrlandoBelle/Glitter%20sigs/Chelle2.gif

Hawthorn Suites @ Seaworld July 2005
High Grove, Clermont, July 2006
The Bad Hair Trip Report - July 2005

The Your Eyes Are Bigger Than Your Bellie Trippie - August 2006
Chelle27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 05, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post

What dates is the summer hols now?
Claire
Old 2 Sep 05, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I have to agree with loadsafairy.Last june we went and i was expecting it to be heaving and was nowhere what i was expecting-although i do have a vivid imagination.One thing we did do is get there early,not the crack of dawn lol-but as early as you can and you'll be fine!
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 05, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
thanks everyone, we are also going for three weeks, so we should be able to spread the time spent in the parks out a bit, claire, they are finishing on the 14th july and if the dates are right that ds has given us they go back the last week in aug, we have booked to go the 21 aug till the 11th of sept 06, which was ok if they went back the 5th sept but not if they go back earlier! , we really dont know what to do as heat and lots of crowds dont go down well with dh! , and we where hoping it would have been less crowded at the end of aug, thanks again for all replys susie

susie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 05, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post

We went on July 24th this year and it was busier than previous trips in August. We noticed a big difference in the queue times after the American kids went back to school (e.g E.T. ride was 45 minutes wait one week and then 10 minutes wait the next week). Next time we go we will avoid July and go as late in August as we can.

T. xx
Closed Thread