Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Sep 05, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh, and welcome to the DIBB! Feel free to be as excited as you like!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 05, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Flo
Imagineer

Where are you flying from, what accomodation are you looking for?
portland direct are pretty cheap portlanddirect/
Flo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 05, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi
we are flying from london gatwick and thought as there would be just the two of us a hotel would be our most cost effective option.
Ive got to grips with the virgin site now and there quote is just over £2000 as mentioned which also includes car insurance so is now our best option so far.
Old 3 Sep 05, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Before booking with virgin online, as I have said in another thread, perhaps try going into Thomsons with a virgin brochure. For a virgin deal online, they bump extra costs into the booking which raised the price stated in the book to £1768. But I got a quote from thomsons for a same virgin holiday for £1414- exact price in book.
Old 3 Sep 05, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Flo
Imagineer

Portland direct

Room details:
2 passengers
2 Sep 2006
21 nights
Howard Johnson Maingate East,
Kissimmee,
Florida

comes in at £1274, this does not include car. Might be worth pricing car hire separately.
Flo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 05, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post

The good thing about virgin though, is that they include free car hire or transfers from your airport. If you are interested in virgin holidays remember their virgin bonuses, which can get you some benefits. i.e they're giving us free buffet breakfasts because we are staying for more than 7 nights. You could get even better deals if you stay at their 'flagship' hotels such as the quality inn international etc, which are marked with a tag online or in the book.
Old 3 Sep 05, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by genna_h
Before booking with virgin online, as I have said in another thread, perhaps try going into Thomsons with a virgin brochure. For a virgin deal online, they bump extra costs into the booking which raised the price stated in the book to £1768. But I got a quote from thomsons for a same virgin holiday for £1414- exact price in book.
What extra costs are those? I have always found prices to be the same unless of course looking at an out of date brochure!

Claire
Old 3 Sep 05, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

Also if you are thinking of booking Virgin on-line if you join the flying club you get an extra 5% off.
Not tried it myself,as in the end Jetsave worked out cheaper for us, but many people on this site seem to use it.

Judith
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 05, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Virgin lumped on £448 for a single room supplement, which they added after the price which was quoted per person in the book. This was when I was online.

But when I went into Thomsons yesterday for a virgin holiday, my price that they offered was £1414, which was £454 cheaper than the price offered online. I'm going back to book today, so hopefully that price should stay the same!
Old 3 Sep 05, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by genna_h
Virgin lumped on £448 for a single room supplement, which they added after the price which was quoted per person in the book. This was when I was online.

But when I went into Thomsons yesterday for a virgin holiday, my price that they offered was £1414, which was £454 cheaper than the price offered online. I'm going back to book today, so hopefully that price should stay the same!
Hmm wouldn't bet on it as they have to get a confirmed price form VH before it can be booked and they will add the single supplement on. The brochure always says that prices are based on 2 ADULTS sharing and show the single supplement as extra. Would be nice if you didn't have to pay a Single supplement but am sure you will. I know in the past VH did have some hotels that didn't charge extra not sure if they still do that though.

Claire
Closed Thread