Notices

Old 29 Jun 19, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Scottishnellies 5th Element 2019. Day 7 AMI Sunrise, Walk, Lazy Pool Time & Thunder n Lightning

So today is our last full day on Anna Maria Island. I slept really well and woke at 6am. Lay on til 6:15 then dressed, made my coffee, and slipped out to watch the sunrise at the bay again.

This is the most peaceful place and time, and I'm so going to miss it when we leave. The sunsets are beautiful but so are the sunrises, and they have the added bonus of being a pretty solitary affair.

There's hardly anyone around so you can only hear the birds and the waves as the sun comes rolling up. Just bliss.

I sat and thought about how this was likely my last sunrise as being due out at 10am I will need to organise everyone so probably won't have time. We will see.

And anyway, if this was the last island sunrise I was going to have then she saved the best for last.

this wee guy was here again to keep me company this morning. he's here every morning. He's the same bird that's in the sunrise photo from day 2. The islanders call him Larry!

Home for coffee. Kevin and Kieran were up getting ready for their walk and Caitlin had decided to join them, hoping to see the manta rays and dolphins we had seen yesterday.

Off they went and I agreed to catch them on the beach for the second leg of their walk.

Had some breakfast, got all suncreamed up and Beastie protection on. Which now takes a while given I'm wearing every chemical known to man, and drying in between layers. So worth it though. Still no new bites! Then I walked straight up to Bean Point.

Lovely. So quiet, then after a while a few families started arriving to set up for the day, it was now 8:30am.

K,K & C appeared after I'd been sitting about 20 minutes but had seen no rays, poor Caitlin.

We continued round to the Rod n Reel

we stepped onto the pier hoping to see dolphins and after less than 5 minutes Caitlin said she might head back to the villa. I laughed and said she wasn't very patient if that's as long as she was willing to wait! She laughed and said 'I know!'

I think maybe that's a symptom of this modern 'everything on demand' life. The younger generation are losing the skill of patiently waiting for the things in life that just don't work like that!

The other thing I've noticed is when we are in the car as we drive through the island. All 3 are looking on their phones and only look up if you point something out. So they then have no idea if you later try to describe where something is, because they didn't see any of the landmarks you make reference to.

Anyway, Caitlin was sufficiently rewarded for staying when within another 5 minutes up popped a dorsel fin. Yay!

They were much less active than yesterday, and we think there were only 2 today, but at least Caitlin got to see them after making the effort to get up so early and go for the walk.

Would've been such a shame not to see any when she didn't get to see any rays either.

we headed back to the villa. The rest of the day was spent just lazing round the pool enjoying the sun.

Everyone just pottered about eating when they wanted to so no effort required from me

It was absolutely scorching today.

We discovered a wee live crab in our pool. I think a bird must've dropped it as I can't see how else it could have got there overnight.

The boys rescued it and took a trip back to the beach to release him.

I had brought a wee echo dot with us as I really miss not having easy access to whatever music I fancy.

I had this as the side of the pool and today was Jimmy Buffet time.
I was twisting away in marguaritaville right enough!

Then I switched it up to 90s dance music. Great fun! We just chilled and played the day away.

Caitlin checks the weather for us each day and said it was supposed to thunder and lightning around 3 or 4 o'clock.

since it was now teatime and I had done nothing about dinner, or packing up to move out, I wondered if this might force me into action. Something would have to!

Sure enough at 5pm it suddenly started getting darker and the clouds just rolled right in.
We scrabbled about putting all the pool stuff away in the lockup and just made it upstairs into the house when the heavens opened!

So we got on with the packing

Then I pulled together dinner using up everything we had left in the villa - chicken Caesar salad, omelette, chips, hotdogs

then the rest of the key lime pie for afters. And yes, the publix one is lush

Then we settled in front Harry Potter with the rain still pelting down outside, and the thunder and lightning going on.

Just goes to show how lucky we have been with the weather this week!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by scottishnellie - 29 Jun 19 2:07 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

You have uploaded your post early tonight! 😄 I usually read your updates with my morning cuppa but I can’t sleep so have come downstairs for a wee while.

What a beautiful few days you have had ... but those bites! 😱. That would be me too which puts me off going to AMI

Did your daughter stay in bed this morning? I notice sh3 doesn’t get up for early morning walks with you lol ... mine probably wouldn’t either!
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Looks as though you have had an amazing week
Up here we had thunder and lightning but not a spit of rain but friends onthe 192 said rain was really heavy when the drove down to ours
Your crab is way better than the snake and squirrel that was spitting
Tacks when he fell through a pool screen roof panel him I dealt with
Reinforcements were need for hissing Sid
Have a great next 2 weeks in the biz
PS we had a ball staying on Disney campground in a friends RV every body were so friendly and had Scottish relatives somwhere in their ancestry
Helen
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 03:30 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Did your daughter stay in bed this morning? I notice sh3 doesn’t get up for early morning walks with you lol ... mine probably wouldn’t either!
Yeah! Absolutely no chance of getting Hannah out of bed for that! We will be lucky to drag her out of bed on park days over the next 2 weeks 😂

Helen xx

trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 03:32 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Looks as though you have had an amazing week
Up here we had thunder and lightning but not a spit of rain but friends onthe 192 said rain was really heavy when the drove down to ours
Your crab is way better than the snake and squirrel that was spitting
Tacks when he fell through a pool screen roof panel him I dealt with
Reinforcements were need for hissing Sid
Have a great next 2 weeks in the biz
PS we had a ball staying on Disney campground in a friends RV every body were so friendly and had Scottish relatives somwhere in their ancestry
Helen
Jeezo Helen - I would have fainted at the snake 😳

Campground stay sounds like fun. I’d love to try a proper American RV x

Helen xx

trip report list by year
Old 29 Jun 19, 03:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Helen the snake isn't the first DH and GDs were fascinated the episode almost resulted in a epic grandparent fail
The squirrel all I could think of getbthis guy out before he falls in the pool he was right Pd off by the episode
Me cursing at how stupid he was and trying to shoo him out with a broom and $70 lighter gettingbthe screen replaced as it was a real high roof screen
He's not been back but Frazer Crane and family are early morning visitors
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Another lovely relaxing day Helen, you'll miss the island but just think its nearly shopping time... Enjoy 😘
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another beautiful relaxing day and glad you have no more bites.
Old 29 Jun 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Lovely last day at AMI. Looking forward to reading part two of your holiday. 😊